Hi all,

So I own an IZ 132 Saiga that I bought from a local FFL. I cannot find anything that is stamped as U.S. made (granted, I only did a very basic disassemble for field cleaning). What gives? I thought that imported rifles cannot have more than 10 foreign parts. Where are u.s. marks usually found in such rifles?

Is it OK to have/sell fully imported rifles as long as they are in sporter configuration (no PG and a 10 round mag)?

Since the rifle was bought from an FFL, I assume that it is perfectly legal. I was wondering if I can legally put a U.S. made 30 round magazine (3 u.s. parts) into such a rifle?

What about a TAPCO intrafuse t6 stock that has a pistol grip (2 u.s. parts, PG doesn't look like it will be directly below the action, but the stock looks adjustable in length)? What about both 30 round AND tapco stock?

I have been trying to make sense of all this 922r stuff, but this type of lawyer language gives me a headache because English is not my first or second language. :sick:

Thanks in advance for any replies, and sorry if my questions are in a hard to read format.

Hi all,

So I own an IZ 132 Saiga that I bought from a local FFL. I cannot find anything that is stamped as U.S. made (granted, I only did a very basic disassemble for field cleaning). What gives? I thought that imported rifles cannot have more than 10 foreign parts. Where are u.s. marks usually found in such rifles?

Is it OK to have/sell fully imported rifles as long as they are in sporter configuration (no PG and a 10 round mag)?

They are legal to import because they are in a sporting configuration. It is perfectly legal, and normal. U.S. parts will only be on Arsenal, Century or any other importer who does 922r conversions AFTER import. An AK completely built in the U.S. is not subject to 922r.

I was wondering if I can legally put a U.S. made 30 round magazine (3 u.s. parts) into such a rifle?

No. No magazine with a capacity over 10 may be inserted into the gun without 922r compliance.

What about a TAPCO intrafuse t6 stock that has a pistol grip (2 u.s. parts, PG doesn't look like it will be directly below the action, but the stock looks adjustable in length)? What about both 30 round AND tapco stock?

That would work. You would be limited to only using U.S. magazines though. I recommend moving the FCG forward.

ave been trying to make sense of all this 922r stuff, but this type of lawyer language gives me a headache because English is not my first or second language. :sick:

Thanks in advance for any replies, and sorry if my questions are in a hard to read format.

You're very welcome :)

Edited by stnls1911

Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate it.

So, if I understood correctly, my untouched Saiga IZ 132 has 14 foreign parts (that count towards 922r) total. Reciever, barrel, trunion, bolt, bolt carrier, gas piston, trigger, hammer, sear (or is it a disconnector?), buttstock, handguard, and magazine (3 parts). This makes 14 parts total.

If I wanted to put a U.S. made 30 round magazine into it, I would need to have 10 or less foreign parts. Replacing the handguard or stock with a U.S. made would bring the count down to 13. Then, replacing the magazine itself with a U.S. made would bring the count down to 10, making the 30 round magazine legal to use. If I wanted to, I could go back and use any foreign magazine as long as it holds 10 rounds or less.

Do I have the hang of it?

As for your recommendation on moving the trigger group forward, perhaps in the future. I still have a lot to learn .

Once again thank you for the help.

If I wanted to put a U.S. made 30 round magazine into it, I would need to have 10 or less foreign parts. Replacing the handguard or stock with a U.S. made would bring the count down to 13. Then, replacing the magazine itself with a U.S. made would bring the count down to 10, making the 30 round magazine legal to use. If I wanted to, I could go back and use any foreign magazine as long as it holds 10 rounds or less.

Do I have the hang of it?

As for your recommendation on moving the trigger group forward, perhaps in the future. I still have a lot to learn .

Once again thank you for the help.

That is correct, however, with that setup you won't be able to add a pistol grip. The rifle will not be in a sporting configuration if you decide to add a pistol grip. You are very welcome for the clarification. 922r can be confusing, it was for me when I first got my Saiga.

Edited by stnls1911