Latest from MSA

Well, whats the latest from Magnolia State Armory? I know there is a MSA forum, but I get the feeling that if I post there, it won't ever get answered. Kinda like the email I sent to them 3 weeks ago, and again last week - both of which have gone unanswered. I'd really like a AR adapter for Christmas, but again I get the feeling I should order now and possibly get it NEXT Christmas.

One thing I wanted to know is if the BASTARD is going to replace the regular AR mag adapter?

The latest is every adapter AR adapter order I am aware up has shipped as of today. Outside of working 45 hrs a week, special AR adapter runs to keep up with orders and trying to finish every loose end on the Bastard. Not to mention take care of the essential like eating and sleeping.... I've barely got a minute to scratch my ass let alone stay on top of emails like I should. I think today is my first time logging on and I see the board has changed. LOL

The worst I've seen a wait for the AR adapters was about 3 1/2-4 weeks ( this past run) only due to one of the shops loosing parts I made. I hade to take another week to cut new ones to replace and then anodize and they just shipped.

And no the Bastard is not a replacement for the AR adapter. Two different concepts all together.

I hope this helps answer your questions.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

According to the site, it seems so. I placed an order and my credit card processed on the 18th. I'm waiting for shipping confirmation.

i placed an order about a week before yours and got word it will be shipping this week.. Yours should follow soon after

Edited by presto_z

I had sent him an email regarding express shipping before I ordered, and he replied within 48 hours that he would not because of being pretty badly overrun. So points to him on that one. I'm going to hope that it gets shipped soon. I also mailed renegadebuck a MO for one of his adapters on the 20th so either way I'll have one to install and demonstrate with the 60 round AR mags for next weekends gun show.

Luck to you as well, post if you hear anything.

I've got a ton I am packaging up to get out in the mail this week. Orders from the first to current are going out in the next couple of days.

As I had replied earlier I am running a lot and yes even though I don't want to say it.... I've been working on the BASTARD to ship.... My goal was to have ready for the Fall/Winter and I'm right there.

Has anyone who ordered an adapter from MSA heard anything recently? I ordered one on 15OCT and my card was charged on 17OCT. I don't want to start dogging on MSA but I have called, I have emailed, I have left a voicemail, I have sent a PM on this forum and haven't heard anyting back. I don't mind waiting, just would like to hear something from him.

I am in the window of the 13+ day of Oct at the moment shipped. I am having to adjust the mechs ( one adapter at a time) as they are slight out of spec and are binding as they are assembled. It's coming along, but slow. I should have to the 20th finished and shipped in the next two days.

PM me your order numbers and I'll PM you back which ones I am finishing tonight.

123!@# I do work a normal 45 work week with another place and do not get to the phones. With the Holidays this week I am running around. But I did get your msg and your order is one of the ones I am getting to tonight/tomorrow.

I am in the window of the 13+ day of Oct at the moment shipped. I am having to adjust the mechs ( one adapter at a time) as they are slight out of spec and are binding as they are assembled. It's coming along, but slow. I should have to the 20th finished and shipped in the next two days.

PM me your order numbers and I'll PM you back which ones I am finishing tonight.

123!@# I do work a normal 45 work week with another place and do not get to the phones. With the Holidays this week I am running around. But I did get your msg and your order is one of the ones I am getting to tonight/tomorrow.

I can surely relate to your hectic schedule as I machine and sell scope mounts in addition to to a full time job. If your like me you probably miss out on range events, gunshows, lazy Saturdays, ect. Hang in there buddy. :)

Thank you Sir. Looking forward to getting it.

• 2 weeks later...

And you ordered on the 13th of Oct. as I recall? So it's running about 30 days or so from order to delivery it seems. And 7 days from getting your # until it is shipped, so maybe the # will be valid tomorrow.

I guess I'll check it again tomorrow evening.

• 3 weeks later...

And you ordered on the 13th of Oct. as I recall? So it's running about 30 days or so from order to delivery it seems. And 7 days from getting your # until it is shipped, so maybe the # will be valid tomorrow.

I guess I'll check it again tomorrow evening.

Did you gey your MSA adapter installed on your rifle yet? Sure would like to see a few pics and hear about the installation if you did.

No, I still haven't received the adapter from MSA. Last I heard was an email response on the 20th of Nov. that there were orders botched up and haven't heard a word since. Presto_z did receive his and you could likely send you pics. His rifle is quite a nice weapon and the install looks good.

No, I still haven't received the adapter from MSA. Last I heard was an email response on the 20th of Nov. that there were orders botched up and haven't heard a word since. Presto_z did receive his and you could likely send you pics. His rifle is quite a nice weapon and the install looks good.

I ordered an adapter from MSA several years ago. Never received it even though I was charged for it. And of course I couldn't get ahold of MSA at the time. Ended up buying another MSA adapter through MAA. I would love to get the B.A.S.T.A.R.D., but I'll wait until someone other than MSA has it in stock.

This really is becoming annoying. My order was put in, confirmed and paid on the 18th of October.

I received an invalid USPS tracking number on the 8th of November, never received an answer when I emailed on the 13th asking if/when it would ship.

I emailed him on November 20 with "S12 forum" in the title (and I'm convinced that this may be the only reason I got a response) and received a reply that there were botched orders and he was sorting. I emailed again on December 2nd, and received no response to date. I can understand having issues and being buried by things, vendor or fab issues. Family or health troubles can eat you up. But a simple email or PM saying "there is a problem, I will get in touch with you/ ship by/ whatever, X date or barring that a post saying "I will be away until XXX (I notice a few of the other vendors do that, thank you for showing that kind of consideration to your customers).

So I'm in this now at the 49 day mark and 16 days since I have heard anything from MSA. I simply want to know if/ when the part will ship or if there is a problem. I don't think that's too much to ask, is it?

• Like 1

So I'm in this now at the 49 day mark and 16 days since I have heard anything from MSA. I simply want to know if/ when the part will ship or if there is a problem. I don't think that's too much to ask, is it?

Nope, I don't personally believe you are asking too much.

Although it is likely little consolation to you. . . things could be a hellva lot worse with your situation. You could have made the mistake of purchasing (any item) from E-Tac GoGun. . . which, had you been a knot-head like me, you might be waiting over two friggen years for your order, and getting information or updates is worse than pulling hens teeth.

I'm just saying.

Edited by Gary

Yeah, I read that thread out of curiosity a bit back and I'm hearing you on that. Good luck and I hope your stuff finally arrives. Thank you for the kind words as well.

Update: Unit arrived on 12 Dec.

Edited by The Deacon
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I read that thread out of curiosity a bit back and I'm hearing you on that. Good luck and I hope your stuff finally arrives. Thank you for the kind words as well.

Update: Unit arrived on 12 Dec.

I received my adapter on the 12th. as well. Haven't had a chance to install it yet , but it looks well made. I'll post some pic's when the rifle is finished.