Can a creditable source tell me what the deal is on the s12 ban

Hi, can somebody please help a brother out. Is the s12 going to get banned or not? Do not import list? What's the deal? I mean I got one either way but I'll buy a couple more if they are about to get banned or whatever. Is this a scam to mark up prices or ????????? Please any creditable information would be nice. Thanks for your time

• Like 2

Read around. There are plenty of topics on this.

I don't think it's going to be banned from import, personally. You'll hear from shops and such that they are going to be banned, just so they can sell you one thats way overpriced.

I couldn't find the exact thread that had the ruling posted. But the BATFE ruled in it's " Study of the importablity of certain shotguns" that pistol grips were considered a sporting feature. Furthermore look at the real subject of the study the MKA 19 by Akdal ( AR12ga) It's importation was being delayed untill the study was completed. Now they have been imported and are availible for purchase. The reason behind the S12's price increase is simply supply and demand. Maybe somebody can find that study's results and post them.

Edited by poolingmyignorance
  • Like 1

Welcome to S12.com!

:deadhorse:

AwJeezNotThisSheetAgain1-1.jpg

At this time there is no ban, there isn't going to be a ban in the near foreseeable future.

There are some new definitions & restrictions on what is considered sporting.

Edited by ChileRelleno

READ

http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/012611-study-on-importality-of-certain-shotguns.pdf

New ATF Restrictions Stamp listing prohibited 'EVIL' features on imported shotguns.

basically is what was listed on pages 8-14 of the study.

index.png

:deadhorse:

AwJeezNotThisSheetAgain1-1.jpg

At this time there is no ban, there isn't going to be a ban in the near foreseeable future.

There are some new definitions & restrictions on what is considered sporting.

Yes, well said.

(For future readers with enough brain power to search for a topic like this one before starting another one.)

Go to Kvar and look at the status of availability. If it's not listed as discontinued then they're probably gonna get more unless otherwise stated by Kvar.

Common sense rule #1. People will tell you anything. Especially politicians, with the avalability of companies like Kvar being online, we now have a broader source of information and even sometimes that can be questionable, depending on the subject at hand. So with that in mind, take what people told you, take a look around, compare it with what you know, additional information gathered (Like asking Kvar and companies like them.) and ask, "What do I see?"

Out of my information off the top of my head, playing around on different companies sites while looking for goodies for my S12 and the information gathered here as well. Yes, for the love of all things sacred, you can still buy new S12s and NO there is not a ban, so there are more of them everyday being made by the great people of Ishmash.

Now... Go get one.

• 4 weeks later...

well, i have the answer. the house appropriations committee in july banned the banners banning the ban. lolz

the thing to read is #2. this is outta the oct 2011 american rifleman.....

IMG_20111019_022455.jpg

i feel like calling the atf up and asking em what they think about it....

Edited by saltydecimator
  • Like 2

Hi, can somebody please help a brother out. Is the s12 going to get banned or not? Do not import list? What's the deal? I mean I got one either way but I'll buy a couple more if they are about to get banned or whatever. Is this a scam to mark up prices or ????????? Please any creditable information would be nice. Thanks for your time

No.

We actually gained being able to import pistol grips. :)

• Like 1