Magazine pouch recommendation

I am looking for a recommendation for a good quality mag pouch. I'd like to have one that'll hold three 30 round mags.

I guess when it comes down to it I'm not sure what I want: thigh, waist or chest rig.

Thanks in advance.

(I should not have put this post in this topic. Moderator please move as you see fit)

Edited by frontier

here ya go man.

http://www.kalinkaop...mo-pouches.html

http://soviet-milita...s-flask-pouches

you'll prolly be limited with the thigh option unless you get a leg platform and set it up for molle gear.

and ive tried many vest pouches that say they are for both the AK and the AR but the Ak mags almost never work unless made for the AK specifically.

good luck in your search.

Edited by Captain Hero

i use both a soviet 4 mag pouch for the 30's and one for the rpk for my 45s. i like the rpk pouch cuz its got the shoulder strap wich really helps with the overall weight. and for the belt i use a ww2 gi belt. it may be from nam but its the old heavy canvas belts with the adjustment gromets through out. its plenty heavy enough for the loaded mags and the shoulder strap adds for a reasonable amout of comfort while packin 8 loaded mags.

• 2 months later...

i use a ar/m4 30 rd mag 6 mag pouch. it holds 4 30's and the stock 10. i think 5 will be tough with the tapco's but the bulgy ones look to be thinner at the bottom. they have a molle set up on the back for belt or thigh or a type of load bearing vest. i asm pretty sure it is a Tru-Spec bag. the PX on post has a few sand colored ones on clearance. lmk if your interested