Picked Up a 5.45x39

Came with the back end nearly complete. Green KVar butt and pistol grip installed. G2 FCG. New front sight base and chrome plated AK74 brake. Custom trigger guard. Green KVar upper and lower handguards with standard lower retainer. New standard gas tube. Dinzag bullet guide kit. Original 10 round mag. Four shiney plums in very good condition. Four black poly mags marked 25. 1.000 rounds 7N6. Said he only fired 90 rounds. $620.00 Did I do OK? Needs to be completed but I was going to buy a new one and convert it anyway.

I'd say so. The gun itself is at least $350 unrestored then you pay shipping and FFL fee. If you aren't resourceful you're buying another $100+ in parts at least. 8 mags + a spam can of 5.45, yeah that's decent. You still have to convert it but hey, who cares. You got all the parts together, have at it! You have to put the LHR on or is it a bolt on one that you don't have to press the gasblock off for?

The LHG retainer is a standard one. The barrel doesnt have the LHG cuts so I might get a bolt on type. I do have a friend with a machine shop so if the barrel can be cut I might do that. The FCG. butt and pistol grip are already installed and I have the plugs for the holes. Thanks for the reply.

• 3 weeks later...