new layout??

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This should be in the General Discussion section. That said, I like it. I like that the -1 is gone. Neg bombing sucks and was contagious.

Wonder if we could get someone to clean up all the old outdated and useless sticky threads in all the forums. That would be nice!

what does everyone think of the new layout? i liked the old one better.

How do i get it to full screen? I dont like the boarders on the left and right. I didnt have this issue with the old format.

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the borders are built into the design to accommodate different screen resolutions and for different devices like ipads and smartphones, long story short I don't think we can change it. heh I didn't even notice them til I read your post, guess my eyes adjusted well or I'm going blind haha

How do i get it to full screen? I dont like the boarders on the left and right. I didnt have this issue with the old format.

Hit "Control" & the key with the + symbol on it at the same time.

It may get too big to fit on the screen though depending on your monitor size.

To reverse hit the control key & the - key at the same time.

The only things that are different for me at this point that may take some tweeking on my part (?) is my gallery link doesn't work anymore, and I can't figure out how to disable eveyones avitar view for times it may not be appropriate to have some of them in plain view. Other than that, it seems to have quite a few more options on how to view posts than the old forum view, or I possibly just ran across a feature that was always available by accident.

This should be in the General Discussion section. That said, I like it. I like that the -1 is gone. Neg bombing sucks and was contagious.

Yeah, but look on the bright side. Now we can all be as rude as we want, with impunity and not have to worry about getting negged. Hmmm.........maybe that's not such a good thing. Here's a thought. Bring back the neg feature but when someone uses it their name would appear along with it. People tend to be more polite when they can't be anonymous.

BTW, my avatar now looks decidedly generic. I'll have to get around to fixing that at some point.

It's kinda like this everytime theres a format change, I click and bam one day it's all new! I get used to something and I kinda like it to stay that way, but with a growing site be it web or forum these changes are nessecary for the continued expandsion and easy of use for users and the admin, I do like the new look and features, just one thing! Where the hell is spell check?021.gif Great Job Makc.

Yeah, but look on the bright side. Now we can all be as rude as we want, with impunity and not have to worry about getting negged. Hmmm.........maybe that's not such a good thing. Here's a thought. Bring back the neg feature but when someone uses it their name would appear along with it. People tend to be more polite when they can't be anonymous.

BTW, my avatar now looks decidedly generic. I'll have to get around to fixing that at some point.

You could see who -ed or +ed you before. You just had to click on the green or red spot. As was said before Neg bombing because of a different political or ethical viewpoint was detrimental to the posters and the forum itself. And true, people may be rude, but that only show their character.

In this world, we need to change for the sake of changing. It was fine and very user friendly before. Did not Need to be changed, but that is the way of the world now. Must have New Small Shiney Object every year! Same reason everything has a New Model every year....NONE Whatsoever. Oh well, we better get used to it in time for it to be changed Again, and Again, and again........Almost as annoying as Facebooks annoying changes every couple of months.

I suppose our only option is to just not vistit the site anymore, and that won"t happen soon.

Whatever. Just One More stupid thing in the world.

• Like 1

looks like they are taking a page of of Face book with the Like this button I wonder if this adds to your reputation or not. Anyone know ?

Yes, but it's no longer called "reputation". Now, you just have a listed total of the number of "likes" your posts have received.

I much prefer the old system, as Yeoldetool mentioned, it was not anonymous; you could see the names of everyone who had given reputation on a post, (both positive and negative).

As someone who weathered the occasional senseless "neg bombing"

seems this has happened to me, I honestly have no clue why I have a -2 rep. So the rating systems completely gone? I'm wondering if I'll be stuck with -2 rating forever? Other than that I don't mind the new layout too bad, although I can't figure out how to change my avatar that's kinda weird.

There now your a -1

• Like 1

As someone who weathered the occasional senseless "neg bombing"

seems this has happened to me, I honestly have no clue why I have a -2 rep. So the rating systems completely gone? I'm wondering if I'll be stuck with -2 rating forever? Other than that I don't mind the new layout too bad, although I can't figure out how to change my avatar that's kinda weird.

There now your a -1

yay! thanks bud! now I'm not totally bad haha. heck I didn't even noticed I'd been hit til was looking trying to change my avatar last night.

So I think the new layout is kinda growing on me, of course I'm still pretty new here so the change wasn't as drastic for me as if I'd been on the boards for few years.

Well, I can view the gallery again. I couldn't even get my own to open for the last few months. Also it let me upload a new avatar simply by clicking on my avatar from my profile, and let me upload a .jpeg without hassling me about file size or 3rd party image hosting.

All it needs is to disable smilies, and incorporate the beta plugin from stupidfilter.org