Trap Shooting with a Saiga12? Help! Company picnic!

Hey guys! I never tried to shoot clays. I bird hunt from grouse to turkey with my saiga. Are semi auto's allowed for trap shooting? Our company has a tournament and picnic to raise money for hunters education and helping the poor in the valley. It would be me and my wife. We can shoot a fly off a bull's ass half baked so trap should be lots of fun.

Just not sure if they would allow the saiga on the range. I have factory mags and all.

If any of you shoot trap. Please help a brother out and enlighten me as to how it all works! Thanks!

Nick

Hey, Sian! I'm a complete noob to the trap world so i doubt the lock time will even be a factor with my shootin'!

I had Tac-47 build my s-12 and it's pretty damn fast. Far faster than my M4 benelli after the build!

Now, to measure the two side by side accurately, that would take a rocket scientist!

I'm going to try trap soon myself. One thing I don't want is my shells bouncing off my competitors or their expensive guns. My gun will cycle the shot I intend to use with the Autoplug I have installed, but I plan to put the factory plug back in. The factory plug won't cycle, so I'll hand cycle which should drop the shell very close. (That's my theory anyway. Haven't tried it out yet.) There is a Birchwood Casey shell catcher out there for conventional semi-auto's, but I don't see it working on an S12.

I rocked a 19 inch barrel S12 my first time shooting clays. Adhere to the 2 round limit in the magazine, use federal bulk for reliability, and enjoy the "what the hell is that" reactions from other folks on the range. I also had the Krebs front bolt-on iron sight installed on mine, which made things much easier IMO- I left the rear peep off.

I have never been to a competition and dont realy know the difrence between clays, trap, ant skeet. We alwase just go up in the mountains and shoot with hand throwers and take turns. We play a type of elimination where if you mis and someone backing you up hits you get a point and 3 points you are out. and it gos in rotation. we usualy throw money in a pot to make it interesting.

I shoot trap and sporting clays with my S12. My best round so far is a 22 out of 25. I have a poly-choke on mine, which does help.

The only issue I have had shooting my S12 is that some seasoned trap shooters don't like ejected hulls bouncing off their heads and guns. I just apologize in advance to whomever has to shoot next to me and remind them nobody makes a shell catcher yet.