I bought my saiga12 with the intention of having a good semi-auto 12ga shotgun for HD, SHTF, range/clay fun, and I must admit also just to have a badass looking shotgun. So far it performs amazingly. It’ll eat anything I put in it. I ordered it from PFI who did the conversion for me, added a Tapco T6 stock, and opened the gas ports for me. Since then I’ve done several modifications (listed below) and am now at the point where I’m wondering what else is worth doing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Saiga 12

• Converted
  • Opened gas ports to cycle the federal bulk birdshot
  • Tromix oversized charging handle
  • Gunfixers Plug
  • Magpul CTR Adjustable stock milspec with VLTOR tube and adapter (not shown in picture. Have Tapco T6 in picture which will be up for sale soon)
  • Titan Quadrail
  • Magpul Angled Foregrip
  • Chaos HK sights
  • MD-20 Drum
  • Ram extended magazine release lever (not shown in picture)

The next few things I plan on doing:

• Pauly’s Ice Rack
  • 2-3 Surefire 8 round mags
  • Polychoke 2
  • Stock up on Centurion slugs and some HD buckshot
  • Burris Fastfire II red dot to cowitness the HK sights

Thoughts on the above? What other modifications would you say are worth it? It’s so much fun adding to this gun that I almost wish there were more things I wanted to do to it!

IMAG0778.jpg

• Like 1

Everything sounds good so far and with everything you want to do when you get that list done I wouldn't do anything else to that gun. Now it will be time to get another Saiga it never hurts to have 2 S-12's or maybe a S-.410. I bought on for the wife and I think I shoot it more than her it is a fun little gun.JMO.

Looks pretty good to me. Mine has several of the things yours does (or things you're thinking of getting):

• Tromix handle and TG
  • Ram mag release
  • AFG (which is more rearward on mine to allow for shoulder transitions)
  • Polychoke (which can create more back pressure if you run into really light loads)
  • Polished carrier, FCG, bolt and rails
  • Contoured bolt head for easier loading on closed action
  • I run Surefire 8 rd mags almost exclusively
  • MD drums

Saiga-12_ODinfo.jpg

As you can see, mine has different furniture, sights and such. I normally run a Gunfixr plug too, but I'm testing out an auto plug for a while to see how I like it. Jury is still out.

Mods/Admin: Did I mention that I really hate this new format the forum has? It deleted my attempt at responding to this post 4 times before I was able to get it posted.

Edited by Corbin