Newbie Purcahsing First Saiga

Greetings Everyone,

I am condering purchasing the following rifle:

Ad Copy:

Gun has studs for a sling, and elevation type sights. Gun comes with a 20 round mag. Near perfect condition.

I am newbie and don't know what questions to ask, so can you provide a clueless person like me some guidance?

Since the rifle accepts a 20 round mag, does this mean it will accept a 30 round mag also?

Greetings Everyone,

I am condering purchasing the following rifle:

Ad Copy:

Gun has studs for a sling, and elevation type sights. Gun comes with a 20 round mag. Near perfect condition.

I am newbie and don't know what questions to ask, so can you provide a clueless person like me some guidance?

Since the rifle accepts a 20 round mag, does this mean it will accept a 30 round mag also?

Assuming you are talking about a Saiga rifle the natural question arises if the rifle has been converted and the trigger system moved. Saiga did not make a 20 round mag for any of its rifles. Either someone has modified the gun or likely an AK-47 mag. If only the mag has been mofied it is illegal since you are not in compliance with required parts count under 922r that would permit the use of other than a Saiga factory magazine. You have not mentioned price or caliber although I am assuming it is a 7.62 since your posting was under this heading. A standard factory mag for a 7.62 is 10 rounds. Saiga imported a limited number of 30 round mags but they are scarce and fairly expensive.

Did someone install a bullet guide in the rifle in order to use a 20 round AK magazine? Again doing this without a proper parts count leads to an illegal set up. We need more information to help you further.

Wolverine