How many rounds before failures start

I have a converted Saiga 12. I cleaned the action and lubed it up moderately with CLP. Using target loads on the number 2 setting and an MD 20 round drum magazine it ran great until about the 5th or 6th magazine (100-120 rnds). I would then start getting some failure to feed malfunctions. I plan on cleaning the gun and seeing if the malfunctions go away. Is it normal for this to happen when the gun gets dirty at 100 or so rounds or is there something else going on. I have yet to polish the bolt.

Before I chopped my barrel and did some gas system work I shot my gun for two years.....hard, somewhere in the ballpark of 3-4k of cheap birdshot. Never choked....got tired of waiting for it to jam so I cleaned it.

• Like 1

Once I had all the bells and whistles done (port work, bolt polish and orofie, conversion, etc...) I put around 800 through it without cleaning. Only finally cleaned it when I disassembled it for the wife and figured what not. It was hell getting the v-plug out because the threads were gunned up. When I did get it off the gas tube was seriously nasty, but still hadn't given me any trouble.

I agree with the above post. Check your ports and make sure they're not covered. If they're not covered a polish and profile job may be needed. Make sure you send your fire control group in also for proper profile and polish. C&S, Pauly, and cobra all are awesome to talk to and do great work.