hey guys i just bought a shotgun at the gun show yesterday and i think i got a good deal because as far as i can tell the barrel is aftermarket and the grip/stock and foregrip. anyone know about these remington 870s? i paid 230.00 for it and as far as i can tell the barrel cost at least 150 and the furnature cost 130. did i get a good deal?

post-35811-0-55387700-1317608603_thumb.jpg

post-35811-0-67182500-1317608636_thumb.jpg

post-35811-0-67182500-1317608636_thumb.jpg

post-35811-0-05153700-1317608656_thumb.jpg

You didn't get ripped off if that's what you're asking.

It was likely a wood stocked gun that was modernized.

New they're just under 4, so if it's a shooter it's a decent deal.

ETA: your sheets look like my grandma's. biggrin.png

Girls... happy.png

Your bedroom gets really feminine when you live with them.

The neon beer signs & lava lamps become a distant memory unless relegated to a basement "man-cave" or garage. :rolleyes:

It's great to be single! 027.gif

ok thanks guys..and yeah the sheets are super old.. lol i knew i would catch some hell for them.. haha thanks guys. yeah i plan on getting a extension tube for it but dont know which one to order? anyone have any ideas? i would like to keep it around 50 bucks if possible

I don't think you can go wrong with an 870, and you got a pretty good deal on it. The barrel looks like a "deer" barrel with the ramp sights and rifling for slugs(?). Looks like your set for hunting season!

I bought a chote extension for $40.99 about 5 years ago from Midway, Product #: 289342, they went up to $42.99. Put it on this 870 Wingmaster($175.00) I got at the pawn shop on Dec. 31, 2006. The last day of the year is always the best day to buy at the pawn shop. The 870 express models are a lot cheaper in price, and are usually chambered for 3" magnum rounds. Mine is chambered for only 2 3/4" shells009.gif , but it does blue book higher than the express models. Mine came with a speedfeed pistol grip stock that held 4 shells, and with an 18 1/4" barrel. I made a ladies home companion out of it, Pachmar presentation grip set, chote 2 shot extension, tri rail mount, Tac Star barrel shroud, Springfield xd light mount, Surefire 3P/w infrared filter and remote tailcap pressure switch, and a magazine extension tube clamp.

edited for spelling

post-21372-0-83595200-1317690795_thumb.jpg

post-21372-0-52509300-1317694162_thumb.jpg

Edited by Razorback

i like the 870. not a bad price for what you got. i have an 870 express. its not bad. i just prefer my mossbergs. but thats me. and like stated, theres an assload of accessories for these things should you decide to look for any.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not really a fan of the aftermarket pg/stocks on pump shotguns, and that's a short tube on that bitch, but for what you paid, I'd agree with KotH; not bad. 032.gif
Girlfriend of mine who I got into guns has TIIIIIIINY arms. She could either buy an expensive tactical shotgun, or get an inexpensive dual barrel kit, and an inexpensive aftermarket stock.