So I looked at centerfire systems site and catalog, and I found some super cheap and good looking guns, but this is the first time Ive seen these. Their only discription is 'turkish'. They are listed at 289, and thats a nice price. But I wonder about the quality, as anyone would. Does anyone know about turkish guns?

I know the adkal mka 1919 is turkish, and I think that ussg sar shotguns are made in turkey. Im sure quality varies from factory to factory. Im just wondering if the turks have any rep for making good guns.

post-31894-0-97271700-1317621710.jpg

post-31894-0-63801200-1317621724.jpg

Edited by Boomsick42

Thats really interesting, that a pistol for 289 was made on the same machines as an HK USP.

So what you are saying is, the reason for the recent turkish guns in the US market is because HK sold their machines to turkey. Is the only factory in turkey importing weapons to the US?

Oh, no that wasn't recent news. That sale was years ago. It's possible that the Turks finally got permission to export from H&K, since license agreements may not include international distribution.

As far as the low price, why wouldn't a bunch of machines sold for salvage (typically 10% of new machine price or so) make for really low-cost weapons? You're basically only paying for the labor involved in making the weapon, as opposed to making payments on million-dollar machines and labor!