Sapson brand ammo, 124gr hp

I'm

Yup. 1K of it.

Is the jacket thinner? Are the cuts there? Is the cavity the same depth?

No cuts, by both visual and probe checking. Same checks against my old stock of MC found them. Depth appears about the same but the tip hole is smaller. Same 124gr bullet weight.

Have you tried shooting water containers to determine any kind of terminal performance indication?

Nope, just arrived this week and no time to get out for testing.

Of interesting note, Tulammo (out of Round Rock, TX) now has both 122gr and 124gr HP product offerings. Just put 1K of the new 124GR HP on order this morning.

Were you able to confirm if it was the 8m3? I'm dying to pick up some 8m3 loaded ammo, if anyone knows where to get some new, let us know.

Thanks

When I was wondering if these were the real deal, I took a needle and compared the inner jacket with a tula 122hp. There are four prefail cuts in both, but the cuts in these sapson brand cartriges are thicker. The sapsons have sealed primers and case mouths where the tulas have neither (which probably doesnt matter). There are both very close in length, but the sapson seems to be a couple thousandths longer. The hollow points are also almost identical in width, around .065".

The cuts on the inside of the jacket seems to be the big thing. After shooting a couple test water jugs, I now know why. These bullets explode on impact. I really thought the 122s did some damage, and they do, just not as much.

I really wish I could tell you guys where to get them. The truth is I just got real lucky, and I bought every box the place had, which still wasnt enough.

• 2 months later...

hornadys zombie ammo looks like it might have the vmax bullet.as far as i know they don't make the regualr vmax anymore.this would probably work similar to 8m3.i'm gonna test it on some jugs when i get mine next week.i also got some wpa mil classic i'm gonna try but looking at it i don't expect it to work well.