New CHAOS quad rail exchange

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 zflyboy

zflyboy

• 8 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:31 PM

Hi guys,

I just bought the new Chaos quad rail for my Saiga 12. It came with the extended top rail which requires the sight to be removed. I really do not want to remove the sight - just in case I revert back to the original config - so I am trying to see if anyone has the OLD model top rail ( the short version ) and if you guys want to swap the top rail... Just let me know - thanks.
I am looking for a rail that still looks new, it's not beat up, bent, scratched, etc as mine is brand new as well - just out of the box.
I could use some photos...

#2 Calijohn

Calijohn

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:37 PM

I run the extended quad rail on mine and i didn't have to do any permenente mods to the rear sight, it'll go right back on if I chose to not run the rail.

#3 slostang

slostang

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:55 PM

The rear sight just knocks off with a hammer and punch. no permanent mods required.

#4 ChileRelleno

ChileRelleno

Apathetic or Apolexic... It Ain't Gonna Be Pretty.

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,714 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

NOTE: It can take some serious pounding to get it off.
Kind'a like getting a third nut without having stopped in between. Posted Image

Big brass punch and a 3lb sledge.
  • THE VILLAIN likes this
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."
Mihail Timofeevič Kalašnikov
:
"I am still ready to shake hands with anyone who designs a better assault rifle than mine.
USPA# 106617, D#24868, 600+ jumps in 42/50 states, 36 fixed & 6 rotary winged aircraft, Highest 28,000'-Lowest 1,500', Reserve Rides-5, Injuries-1... SKYDIVE!

#5 SCHULTZE

SCHULTZE

BlindDog Tactical

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

I must of got lucky on mine I put on a krebs sight and it only took 3 small taps and mine came right out. Must of got lucky.

#6 ChileRelleno

ChileRelleno

Apathetic or Apolexic... It Ain't Gonna Be Pretty.

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,714 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:34 PM

I must of got lucky on mine I put on a krebs sight and it only took 3 small taps and mine came right out. Must of got lucky.

Yeah, I'd say ya did. Seems to me they're almost notorious about being hard to get out.
Many resort to a Dremel or hack saw.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."
Mihail Timofeevič Kalašnikov
:
"I am still ready to shake hands with anyone who designs a better assault rifle than mine.
USPA# 106617, D#24868, 600+ jumps in 42/50 states, 36 fixed & 6 rotary winged aircraft, Highest 28,000'-Lowest 1,500', Reserve Rides-5, Injuries-1... SKYDIVE!

#7 Cameron Hadley

Cameron Hadley

Saiga + Chaos = 100% Badass!

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts
  • Verified Business

• Company Name:

CHAOS INC.

• Company Website:
    chaosus.com
  • Contact Phone:

(812) 250-4919

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:20 AM

You can always buy a new rear sight to reinstall if you decide to go back, really no big deal.

#8 motoguy

motoguy

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

I removed the rear sights on my S12's with a hammer and a punch, while sitting barefoot in the living room floor. LOL They were hard to break free, but once they started moving, they came out ok. I kept them, in case I ever decided to re-mount.

#9 defcon

defcon

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:42 AM

i had to dremel my sights off because it was so tight =(

then again, i dont plan on taking off my titan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users