-trigger guard: CSS AR Style

-trigger: red star arms adjustable

-hammer spring: JTE power mainspring

-mag release: RAM ambi

-rear sight: Krebs ghost ring

-front sight: dinzag AK style

-gas block: tac47 auto plug

-bolt carrier: ground/polished

-paint: Duracoated Magpul foliage (by guncoat NW)

-handguard: soon to be R&R tube

Edited by SICARIO-

Is the Dinzag front sight the short or tall model? How well does it line up with the Krebs rear?

It is the Short deluxe. It aligns perfectly w/ the Krebs rear. Krebs won't sell the Rear ghost ring by itself, but you can buy it through Arizona Armory (it was around $15)

• Like 1

Is the Dinzag front sight the short or tall model? How well does it line up with the Krebs rear?

It is the Short deluxe. It aligns perfectly w/ the Krebs rear. Krebs won't sell the Rear ghost ring by itself, but you can buy it through Arizona Armory (it was around $15)

wow do u know how long i have been trying to figure that out by myself.. i even had ppl email me measurements of both...

THANK YOU!

wow do u know how long i have been trying to figure that out by myself.. i even had ppl email me measurements of both...

THANK YOU!

No problem, it took me a while to figure out it would work. I really wanted to use the ghost ring sight, but couldn't get over the clamping mechanism on the front sight. This solution costs a little more, but in my opinion the final result is a much cleaner look. The short deluxe sight will work for either the stock rear sight or the ghost ring rear sight.

Edited by SICARIO-

THANK YOU!

No problem, it took me a while to figure out it would work. I really wanted to use the ghost ring sight, but couldn't get over the clamping mechanism on the front sight. This solution costs a little more, but in my opinion the final result is a much cleaner look. The short deluxe sight will work for either the stock rear sight or the ghost ring rear sight.

how far dose the front sight post have to be screwed up or down? or is it close to middle of the threads?

THANK YOU!

how far dose the front sight post have to be screwed up or down? or is it close to middle of the threads?

Not much. It's about in the middle. I'll get a close up shot when I get a chance.

6e032aa1.jpg

Edited by SICARIO-
Question, what are you using as a safety stop? I ordered that same trigger guard for my build only to discover not safety stop. Is that something you made?

yeah, they don't give supply one. I made it out if some steel plate and bolted it to the receiver. CSS makes the Ak version that comes with the stop. It wouldn't take much for them to slightly modify the design accommodate the stop

DSCN1866.JPG

Nice conversion. Definitely a different shade of green, which as you can tell, I like.. :)

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/69292-my-work-in-progress/page__p__672022&do=findComment&comment=672022

Very nice!

Edited by SICARIO-
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

The magpul forend looks good. Where do you play around Portland? I couldn't find a single free place to shoot when I was working there.

I'm lucky enough to have grown up on a 12acre farm with a 100yrd range, so I have that at my disposal. Besides that it's hard to find a place to go around here for free that you don't have to drive an hour to get to.

Yep! I like the later configuration myself!

I'm rather surprised you're not running into issues with a untrimmed BHO. Any plans on trimming it back some?

I haven't had any issues with it. What kind of problems do people experience?

How hard was it to install that front sight... currently running the krebs set up but hate the 2 bolts

Very easy. There are two set screws right behind the front sight post that lock it into place. The cross bolts on the Krebs are what turned me off of them as well. Works fine but isn't aesthetically pleasing. The dinzag is about as close as you can get to a factory like look.

Yep! I like the later configuration myself!

I'm rather surprised you're not running into issues with a untrimmed BHO. Any plans on trimming it back some?

I haven't had any issues with it. What kind of problems do people experience?

With shotguns its less prevalent, but I find recoil can cause a shooter to accidentally activate it. Many people trim it at a minimum to make it less obtrusive.

I trim them on my shotguns, and remove them entirely on rifles.