Does anyone here work in or know of anyone in the imported ammo business and why there has not been very much arriving from Russia lately?

Sometime back a few years ago the rumor was plenty of ammo was routed to the middle east to supply the war effort, but now that wouldn't make sense anymore.

what do you want and how much of it? billions of rounds coming in every year. hell, even walmart carries it. I'd say more surplus commie ammo in state than ever before. wolf, ulyanovsk, tiger... etc....

just need to look in the right spots and not at your local dealer who doesn't want to carry it because the margins suck.

Ya, I picked up 400rnds of Uly 7.62x39, in a Wlamart in Iowa my last trip back for $5/box of 20rnds. Here in Ohio, the local dealers want $8 or better. Just depends on where you look.

Hit your local gunshows, there's plenty there and relatively cheap as well. Just picked up a 100rnds of Wolf Military Classic x39 for $25. Would have gotten more, but was running low on cash, lol.

Good luck,

Just got some ammo at the gunshow in Cinnci. It does seem as though the Barnaul brands, Wolf, etc are running lite, even less Tula and NO Uly. I did see alot more domestic and high end foreign. I didn't know Lapua made a x39, lol. Picked up some Yugo cheap, and finally got some Hornady SST.

But then, I didn wait till the second day to go.