First off, thanks to all of you who have posted help topics and answered questions for newbs like me. This site has played a major role in me buying a Saiga.

I am fixing to buy a conversion kit with the tapco g2 mod trigger. I have read through the posts on this part, and I am worried about the whole bump fire issue. Just how sensitive is it? Does it only fire multiple rounds when the trigger is pulled, or can it go off if the gun is bumped or dropped? Can you use a heaver spring to give the trigger a heavier pull? Will this fix the bump fire problem? Forgive me for bringing this topic up again, but I couldn't find specific answers to my questions in the old posts.

Regardless of the end result, I will be buying this particular part. I just want to know if it can be made safer or at least know what my options are.

Thanks. 032.gif

Why would they sell it if it wasn't safe? Wouldn't know about dropping it, I don't drop guns. Not trying to sound like a jerk, just saying if you know how to handle a gun then you have nothing to worry about. If you want it safer push that ugly lever on the right side of the receiver up. Sorry! Man what is it with the internet that turns me into a smart ass? what.gif

Well I understand your point, but everybody has there own degree of what is considered safe. If I am hunting with a buddy and have a bullet chambered, I don't want it going off if I lose my balance and bump it into a tree. Stranger things than that happen all the time. I know how sensitive a gun can be with a light trigger. I also know how to handle a gun. And just because you never dropped a gun doesn't mean you never will. All it takes is one accident to change your way of thinking. I have never dropped a gun either but I will be prepared in case I ever do. Has anybody ever tried putting in a heavier spring? I've read that the tapco g2 has about a 2 - 2 1/2 pound pull. I would like about a 3-4 pound pull. Is this possible?

I've never had an accidental discharge with the G2 I've got. I've also never had an accidental bumpfire. I would rate my trigger to be 3-4 pounds already. The safety should be up if a round is chambered and you are not shooting downrange. Even if an accidental discharge happens, the gun should be pointed in a safe direction so it doesn't have a chance of hitting anyone. I don't mean to be rude either, but if all the rules of gun safety are followed, the chances of an accidental discharge hitting someone should be slim and none.

I think 99% of the Saiga owners on this board use the G2. The only real problem was the recall on the over-deep hole in the disconnector but that was some time ago. The G2 is perfectly fine. I use it in all of my Saigas and I've never had an accidental bump fire.

Regarding the light weight pull.. you will have a bit of over-travel before it releases the hammer, so it's not like it's going to just go off if you accidentally touch the trigger like a 1911 pistol.

Thanks for the replies. I know you usually hear the bad about a product but rarely hear the good. Maybe what I was reading about was before the recall. I feel better about the g2 now. I tend to be over precautious, so please don't take my questions a an indication of my gun safety. I just want to know the good and bad before I do my conversion. Thanks again for the replies.

The G2 trigger I have has no issues(I even wonder about the "old"issues a bit!) I can see where you are coming from ShawnInTN, theses are not common problems as of now!

You are overly concerned about a ND of any type. I respect that, but always keep your fire arms pointed in a safe direction at all times, until you are ready to shoot, helps a lot! You seem to know that from the posts you have made.

That said, the G2 is no where near a safety hazzard if dropped. After any trigger work I do, I bump test them many times, to ensure that the trigger will not go off unintentionally. My Remington 700 trigger(yes you know the hype from the news) is far lighter than the Saiga G2...by a long shot....and will not go off unless the trigger is pulled!

Common sense rules....all else is thinning the herd!

Be safe, Bigtwin