How much of a PITA is removing firing pin?

I bought a heavy hitter firing pin and last night I had the gun apart to install it. I'm not exactly sure HOW to get to the firing pin though! Are there some pins that need to be knocked out to access the pin/spring? If it's very difficult to install I think I might just hang on to the pin incase the stock one breaks, then deal with it. Thoughts? Any insight would be appreciated.

Very easy. 1 pin comes out and the head comes off, pull the old firing pin and spring out, put Tromix parts in, put head back in place and slide pin back through.

Push this pin out from this side and put it back in from the opposite side (through the lug):

Saiga-12-Bolt.JPG

Edited by KC913
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

It's quite simple.

Is their a spring you can add to the firing pin of a 7.62x39 Saiga, so the firing pin would be free floating?

The .39 is already free floating.

It's free-floating because it has no spring.

It's quite simple.

Is their a spring you can add to the firing pin of a 7.62x39 Saiga, so the firing pin would be free floating?

Im sorry, I mistyped. I meant is their a kit or just a single spring I can add to the current one to make it a spring loaded firing pin, instead of free floating?

It's quite simple.

Im sorry, I mistyped. I meant is their a kit or just a single spring I can add to the current one to make it a spring loaded firing pin, instead of free floating?

Oh, sorry.

I answer many questions like that every day, so I just figure the person's learning.

I've been guilty of some rather mindless miscommunications in the past myself.

I'm unaware of a kit, but if you go to a good hardware store with a good assortment & bring the bolt with the FP removed you might find something that'll work.

Try it out, test & report back with what you find, I'm sure we'd all be interested in your findings.

It's quite simple.

Oh, sorry.

I answer many questions like that every day, so I just figure the person's learning.

I've been guilty of some rather mindless miscommunications in the past myself.

I'm unaware of a kit, but if you go to a good hardware store with a good assortment & bring the bolt with the FP removed you might find something that'll work.

Try it out, test & report back with what you find, I'm sure we'd all be interested in your findings.

What advantage would this offer?

What advantage would this offer?

It's probably concern about slam fires.

The x39 ammo usually has hard primers though, I'm not seeing any postings of slam fires with all of the free floating pins out there. The spring is just another thing to fail. You'd have to pull out a broken spring to get the rifle running again. Better to just leave it out as designed.