Grip screw base

Anyone ever used one of these to attach their pistol grip? It is for a milled receiver, but I can't see why it wouldn't work.

I think something like that could work, but I don't see the reason why... I'm pretty sure that this grip nut, from a milled reciever gets it's strength from fitting into a slot which keeps it from moving from side to side. But on a standard stamped reciever grip nut, the strength is retained by having large flats on the grip nut pressing on either side of the grip nut hole. This gives the nut an even distribution of pressure on 2 axis. (like a cube) It looks like the grip nut in your picture would only really give an even distribution of pressure in 1 axis. (like a domino on its side)

This could potentially cause your pgrip to wiggle side to side and loosen up over time. Or, it could be totally fine. The length of your pictured grip nut might be a little long and could potentially interfer with your trigger group and possibly the portion of the buttstock that fits into the reciever.

If I was you, I'd just buy a standard grip nut from tapco. I mean, there has to be some good reason that the design is different between the two and it's always a good idea to stick to the tried and true.

When I put the Yugo underfolder on the wife's .410, the Yugo (stamped reciever) had a nut like that. I cut the bottom off the Yugo reciever and used it to re-inforce the bottom of the Saiga reciever. The angle of the threads looks to be slightly different from the standard nut, but it worked better than the standard nut with the Ergo Grip that I used.

G O B