Front sight post assembly

So while refinishing my Saiga, I had the bright idea of removing the base of the front sight post that adjusts windage.

I am now realizing it is a bitch to get back in.

Does anyone know of any tricks to reinsert it, or am I SOL

It seems too large for the hole, I've tried hammering it in with a rubber mallet.

I'll try to get some pics up in case I didn't explain it well.

Thanks for any help.

Get it lined up with the hole and use an AK sight tool or c-clamp to press it back in.

Edit to add: as with all important things in life, make sure it's lubed up and it will reduce friction as it goes in.

Edited by KC913

So while refinishing my Saiga, I had the bright idea of removing the base of the front sight post that adjusts windage.

I am now realizing it is a bitch to get back in.

Does anyone know of any tricks to reinsert it, or am I SOL

It seems too large for the hole, I've tried hammering it in with a rubber mallet.

I'll try to get some pics up in case I didn't explain it well.

Thanks for any help.

LOL, you did what to it... blink.png

Well at least you tried a rubber mallet, rather than a ball peen and bubba'd the fuck outta it.

It needs to be pressed in, not fucking hammered scorn.gif Line it up and press it smoothly and evenly into the FSB.

I'd start it with a bench vise and a couple pieces of wood, then finish with a actual AK sight windage/elevation tool.

You'll need the tool to sight in again too.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-128/sight-adjustment-tool-ak47/Detail

Got it back in.

Lubed it up and pressed it in with the C Clamp.

It needs to be pressed in, not fucking hammered Line it up and press it smoothly and evenly into the FSB.

smile.png for what its worth, I was hammering in the direction that would have removed the cant from my front sight.

Thanks again for the help guys

smile.png for what its worth, I was hammering in the direction that would have removed the cant from my front sight.

Thanks again for the help guys

You're welcome, glad to hear that you got it back in.

Protip: Just hammering wouldn't fix your canted FSB without buggering it in other ways. horror.gif

You do know that... Right?