Economical SBR saiga 5.45

I saw this AK-105B barrel assembly at K-var. Its 12.5 inches comes with FSB and looks like front trunion, says :Note: Hardware (pins, springs, etc..) are not included. Parts are only pressed on, not drilled and pinned."

Pbviously I would send it to a builder and get the $200 stamp, but what else would I need? I don't want an authentic clone just a practical 12.5" barrel AK-74.

Alternatively what is the shortest one can have the stock barrel using the inexpensive GB/tubes,piston etc? Ie would an AMD front end fit on the barrel, or something else?

I have an SLR-105 and its fine for a range gun but the overall length is a bit rediculous for HD compared even compared to an M4forgery (14.5" + pinned FH.)

Thanks

If you want a practical and ECONOMICAL sbr get a Draco for around $350 +/- a $200 stamp and a stock of your choice. You can do a n ACE stock, drill 2 holes in the real trunion and attach the stock. All in all about $700 depending on how cheap you can find the Draco and what type of stock you want.

Of course this is for the 7.62 not sure a 5.45 will be so cheap.

Edited by Arik

If you want a practical and ECONOMICAL sbr get a Draco for around $350 +/- a $200 stamp and a stock of your choice. You can do a n ACE stock, drill 2 holes in the real trunion and attach the stock. All in all about $700 depending on how cheap you can find the Draco and what type of stock you want.

Of course this is for the 7.62 not sure a 5.45 will be so cheap.

922r does not apply to drakos because they are a pistol right? So If you get the stamp and make them an sbr do they need to be 922r compliant?

• 3 weeks later...