8 round steel magazines are available

Thanks for putting out a mag that really fills that middle ground niche.

I just ordered mine and plan to order more if everything goes well with it.

I see that, should be to you in a few days, you can get your tracking number by pasting your confirmation number in the box on our service page. Just be warned that USPS tracking lags a little.

Fitting, if needed is a little different from AKs. In that most will only require metal taken off the top of the front lug. Takes about a couple mins with a sharp file if your shotgun is very tight.

If you have any problems or questions please contact me by PM or by email.

Thanks

Thank you, glad you like it. We did save some space due to our floor plate arrangement, we tried to keep them a reasonable size.

Just be sure its all the way forward, normally they catch on the underside of the trunnion as this dimension varies just a little. And it will appear that you need to trim the rear lug, however our mags don't run long in this dimension. Only area that runs longer is the front lug being taller, and the rear being very slightly thicker.

If you look at the factory mag you'll see that the top of the front lug follows the angle of the body, then look at ours and you'll see that its flat on top (the red area on picture 1 of fitting guide). You just file the top of the front tab a little trying to follow the angle of the body, remove about 1/64" following the angle of the body.Test fit, if still tight remove another 1/64" and test fit again, and so on. Before taking anything off the rear lug, be sure the magazine is FULLY forward with no gap between the receiver and the front face of the front lug.

I should have posted after I fit the mag last night. I was done maybe 10 min after my post. I took the weapon apart to get a good view and saw the front lug contacting slightly which I trimmed. Once it was seating fully the release was still hanging on the rear so I filled and fit. Taking off enough to remove the deeper marks the release was leaving. Now it fits great. Once adjusted the fit is night and day between the factory mags which flop around in comparison. I was concerned that the rib on the back side would make it hard to hold when inserting, but once it's adjusted it loads very well by just grabbing the front and rotating in. Great job and love the classic AK look.

As soon as I can test it at the range I'm sure I'll be getting more.

One question. What can input on the areas I adjusted to prevent rusting?

Most Cold blue solutions will prevent rust and match the finish fairly close. Oxphoblue paste is the best one I have used. Its sold by brownells, and around here most gun shops carry it in a little tub for a few bucks. One tub should do 50+ mag touch ups. Its handy stuff to have around.

• 4 months later...

A big thumbs up 032.gif for the crew there at Carolina Shooter's Supply! Ordered on Friday, package here today!

The 2 CSS gas pucks fit right in and so did the S-20 steel 8rd mag after using the tutorial to fit it to the gun...

post-2898-0-95500900-1336430795_thumb.jpg

post-2898-0-19641200-1336430848_thumb.jpg

post-2898-0-14125900-1336430881_thumb.jpg

post-2898-0-66291200-1336430917_thumb.jpg

Thanks CSS,

nyclu3

I dropped off several bins of the 10 round mags over a week ago.

8s are not on the schedule for right now. However I do have at least five more complete mags, but I was missing floor plates. I made sure to make extras this time around.

Also have extras of the updated followers, should make loading a little smoother. They are free to anyone who has our 8 round mags.

The updated follower has ears that hold the spring more tightly. Its laser cut out of a slightly stiffer alloy, has slightly crisper stampings, its also stamped "made in usa". Nothing huge, but figured some may want them.

• Like 1

Also have extras of the updated followers, should make loading a little smoother. They are free to anyone who has our 8 round mags.

The updated follower has ears that hold the spring more tightly. Its laser cut out of a slightly stiffer alloy, has slightly crisper stampings, its also stamped "made in usa". Nothing huge, but figured some may want them.

Great!!

The 10 rounds are currently listed, they will likely ship on Monday, we still need to get them cleaned and built out.

Plus I want to get the dealer orders out first.

If you need replacement followers send me an email or PM with your address and how many mags you have. Only one replacement per magazine.