Which magazines for HD, and how do you store your S-12?

182 members have voted

1. 1. What is your HD Saiga magazine choice?

• Factory 5 round
    • Izzy 8 round
    • Aftermarket box (surefire, agp, promag)
    • MD-20 or Promag 20 drum
    • Promag minidrum (10-12 rounds)
  2. 2. Given only these options, what would you choose?

• 2 factory 5's
    • MD-20

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know, I know... I'm going to get mega flamed by the suck-ups, "LEO's", and groupies... But it NEEDS said.   The fact that this is a JOKE to some is VERY demonstrative and instructive on our societ

Magazines? I use linked belts.

Where i live,if they break into your castle,you can kill them if life is threaten...not all people live in Massachusetts,California or New York.   When i say running Target i did not say the word ..

Posted Images

I personally dont use my saiga for HD because i dont want my "evil custom made death machine" to be used against me in court. I keep a simple 20" 8rd mossberg 500 full of #4 buck for HD. But if i had to i would keep a 10rd mag loaded into the gun, closed bolt, one in the chamber with the safety on.

• Like 2

My PT145 is my goto HD gun, followed by a bullpuped S12, if needed. I store it with the factory 5rnd with one/in the chamber and the safety on and the 12rnd minidrum as immidiate backup. I've also got 6 10rnders in a pouch ready if needed. But if it gets that far, it's more than likely a Zomvasion, lol.

As much as I'd like to have another option, the budget is limited (silly college) and so it's between the Saiga and the Mosin nagant for me :-P And I think it might be as much of a legal problem if I bayonetted an intruder...

Funny enough im in college as well and those are the only 2 guns i own right now. (Stupid i can't have a pistol for another year)

Funny enough im in college as well and those are the only 2 guns i own right now. (Stupid i can't have a pistol for another year)

Nice. It's kind of silly, so many college students live in relatively unsecure housing, in bad neighborhoods, and we tend to be out late. But no pistols...

Nice. It's kind of silly, so many college students live in relatively unsecure housing, in bad neighborhoods, and we tend to be out late. But no pistols...

But you can't drink while carrying, which would take the fun right out of college.

Its so true. I live in a decent part of town and i'm a pretty big guy but its still a college town with a lot of people make awful decisions.

But you can't drink while carrying, which would take the fun right out of college.

Haha i don't think i would be carrying to a party. At least i hope i never go to party where that would be necessary

Its so true. I live in a decent part of town and i'm a pretty big guy but its still a college town with a lot of people make awful decisions.

Yeah, I'm 6'8" so nobody really messes with me, but there have been a couple incidents on my block where groups of 5 people have mugged individuals. (How does that conversation start? "Hey, you want to go mugging?" "Yeah, and we should call Tom, and Bill, they love a good mugging!")

How does that conversation start? "Hey, you want to go mugging?" "Yeah, and we should call Tom, and Bill, they love a good mugging!"

Sounds kinda funny the way you put it, but if you want to hear something really phucked up......

Yes. Thats exactly how the conversation starts.

I knew of some people in high school that were into doing that kinda sh!t for the thrill of it ...It was seriously seriously phucked up!

Yeah, I'm 6'8" so nobody really messes with me, but there have been a couple incidents on my block where groups of 5 people have mugged individuals. (How does that conversation start? "Hey, you want to go mugging?" "Yeah, and we should call Tom, and Bill, they love a good mugging!")

You beat me im 6'5. But there was a break in a block from me. I think the saiga might be a little excessive but considering this is the most liberal town in like the midwest i doubt they would have guns.

I personally dont use my saiga for HD because i dont want my "evil custom made death machine" to be used against me in court. I keep a simple 20" 8rd mossberg 500 full of #4 buck for HD. But if i had to i would keep a 10rd mag loaded into the gun, closed bolt, one in the chamber with the safety on.

I follow this theory as well. I keep my old S&W 12ga pump gun as my HD weapon. 18" barrel, holds 4 rounds in the tube.

looks like Grandpa's gun= looks better in court, if it should end up there, and I only have a $150 shotgun that is in temporary custody of the courts.

I keep ammo close by too!! 5 shots will most likely do, but ya never know!

870 12" pistol grip AOW w/ LED-light, loaded w/ Buck, in closet. Sig229/40 in nightstand. 2nd Chance level 3A under bed.

My personal 12" SBS Saiga?....somewhere at work....probably buried under 3 feet of crap, LOL.unsure.png

looks like Grandpa's gun= looks better in court, if it should end up there, and I only have a $150 shotgun that is in temporary custody of the courts.

032.gif

If ya need more than 5-8 rounds of 12 ga HD ammo.... odds are you are having a VERY bad day....

Yeah....Like a SWAT Team coming through your door, LOL!

Yeah i dont use my saiga for HD,prob because its just to big and cumbersome to be used in a HD situation,and to nasty lookin to be in court with lol,that being said i would use my factory stick mags if i were to use it but a use a mossberg 500 roadblocker for HD,holds eight rounds and like one of the gentlman said on this page if that isnt enough than its a pretty bad day lol

Not having the funds to purchase a factory 8 rounder, I just keep the factory 5 loaded in the gun. If I had the resources I would go with a few factory 8's. My S12 is a plain jane non-tacticool conversion, and I feel fine using it for HD, but my glock is my first choice.

Edited by CFOofEVIL

My S12 is at the ready, loaded with a Factory 5rd mag of Fiocchi #4 nickel plated buck, safety on & bolt back.

All we have to do is rack the bolt, tap the safety and she is ready to party.

My S12 is at the ready, loaded with a Factory 5rd mag of Fiocchi #4 nickel plated buck, safety on & bolt back.

All we have to do is rack the bolt, tap the safety and she is ready to party.

I'm thinking this is going to be what I go with, more or less. Roll out of bed, grab it, stick the second mag in my waistband (just in case) and go check out that bumping noise.

I run 2 SGM 10 RD mags with bolt open ...top 4 rds is # 1 winchester super x 3 inch buck, rest of the mag is 000 Remmington 3 inch buck..i figure once they hear the bolt charge,they are now a running target,and i need the 24 pellets.Once they get clipped by the 24,i finish them with 000 10 pellet or if they are behind something... the 000 should get them to come out..lol.. one way or another.

Why are some people worried about their S12 ending up as evidence in court? In Florida, if it is a self defense shoot in your own home, you are not going to court and they are not taking your weapon. Hell, I know a guy who was involved in a self defense shoot in a Burger King which resulted in him catching three .380s in the leg and the robber getting two to the chest from his G19, killing the guy. The Police only held his G19 until he was treated and released from the hospital.

Back on topic, Russian mags for me please. I trust my MD20s but they are too bulky to move and shoot with. Had too many failures with other US made mags.

• Like 2

032.gif

If ya need more than 5-8 rounds of 12 ga HD ammo.... odds are you are having a VERY bad day....

Yeah....Like a SWAT Team coming through your door, LOL!

I know, I know... I'm going to get mega flamed by the suck-ups, "LEO's", and groupies... But it NEEDS said.

The fact that this is a JOKE to some is VERY demonstrative and instructive on our society and it's attitude towards the encroachment of the police state.

It is also PRECISELY why my family keeps a loaded S-12 with an MD-20 (staggered load), the S-.223 (SS-109), a few pump 12 guages (staggered loads), and some sidearms located at various secure points throughout our house, why we train to defeat body armor, and why we have "managed" choke points and fatal funnels throughout our house as well.

NOT because of fear of a LEGITIMATE warrant (that is a non issue)- but if they hit the wrong house- as SWAT teams are documented to have done- with tragic results, COUNTLESS times in this country... They're going to regret it- In my book a home invasion is a home invasion- an act of WAR- regardless of costume or "authority".

It is NOT funny, it is NOT a joke. It IS a legitimate problem and concern for every Free man and woman living in this land.

post-20073-0-57169200-1318604005.jpg

Perhaps instead of casually "brushing off" this real threat to our personal privacy and security as amusing, you could take the time to consider YOUR reaction to a situation such as the photo suggests- and plan accordingly.

Sorry for the tangent. I can just recognize the subtle indoctrination rearing it's ugly head, and won't let it pass.

Edited by bohound
  • Like 4

I keep my S12 with a five rounder of Winchester PDX; Open bolt, mag in.

Five should do it. If it doesn't, I have a loaded handgun and two 30 round mags loaded for my FS2000.

I would preferably like to be prepared, but limit my shotgun use so I don't have to do as much spackle and plaster work afterwards.

Why are some people worried about their S12 ending up as evidence in court? In Florida, if it is a self defense shoot in your own home, you are not going to court and they are not taking your weapon. Hell, I know a guy who was involved in a self defense shoot in a Burger King which resulted in him catching three .380s in the leg and the robber getting two to the chest from his G19, killing the guy. The Police only held his G19 until he was treated and released from the hospital.

Back on topic, Russian mags for me please. I trust my MD20s but they are too bulky to move and shoot with. Had too many failures with other US made mags.

Here in GA a good friend of mine had to shoot and kill two armed intruders in his home. Here your defense weapon is held throughout the investigation of the event and can be picked up after it is complete. Id personally rather have an inexpensive gun riding the shelves of the evidence locker.

• Like 1

Bohound, I totally agree. With home invasions nationwide being on the rise, and specifically in my area, I am truly concerned. It's 2 am, and you roll out of bed and grab your prefered HD weapon after hearing a crash in your kitchen. You have a serious choice to make. Is it a thief, or is it some type of LEO, excecuting a "no knock" warrant for some reason. Like you said, there have been MANY instances of LEO's getting the wrong house, and even the wrong street. It's a scary thought.

As far as the OP, I think if you're using your S-12 for HD, then go with the factory 8 rounder if you have one, or at least the 5 rounder. As far as myself, I keep my Baby Eagle .40 w/ Streamlight TLR-2 light/laser on my nightstand, Bulgy 74 pistol between the nightstand and bedframe with a 30 rounder in it, and an M4 in the corner on the other side of the nightstand. Not to mention a 1 million candlepower light to light up the backyard, (if it's safe to reveal my position) to catch animals/persons off guard. Then my wife has her arsenal on her side of the bed. Living room and garage also have their respective stashes as well. You never know when you'll be in another room when something happens.

I run 2 SGM 10 RD mags with bolt open ...top 4 rds is # 1 winchester super x 3 inch buck, rest of the mag is 000 Remmington 3 inch buck..i figure once they hear the bolt charge,they are now a running target,and i need the 24 pellets.Once they get clipped by the 24,i finish them with 000 10 pellet or if they are behind something... the 000 should get them to come out..lol.. one way or another.

See you on the news.. Good luck explaining why they were shot and how your life was in danger while they were running away..

See you on the news.. Good luck explaining why they were shot and how your life was in danger while they were running away..

Where i live,if they break into your castle,you can kill them if life is threaten...not all people live in Massachusetts,California or New York.

When i say running Target i did not say the word .."away"..you did....running to gain cover inside your castle,once hearing a bolt close.

And if you hesitate...i will see you in the obituares....you dont get a second chance in a pine box.

Edited by DodgeTomahawk
  • Like 3