I can't make decisions.

What to do  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Cut tang or leave it there?

I know I haven't been on in a long while and I apologize for that. Anyway, I need your help. I have a build waiting. I have no idea what stocks I'm going to use. The S12 has a vent rib and I'd like to have a good cheek weld to use with that. On to the question: Cut the tang and weld plate or leave tang?

choose your stock first and that will make your choice for you. You can also get trunions with tangs for around 35. You would have to redo the rivets, but it is all doable.

I personally think folding stocks are great, but I have had the hardware for a year without making the cut yet.

What would I do, if I were in your shoes?

I'd go through the Gallery, looking at all the various stock configurations, and see which one you really like.

Make a short list of 3-5, then thoroughly research those options, PM the owners and ask questions if needs be to get firsthand input.

Then make a decision, a informed decision... Right now, you're putting the cart before the horse.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the responses. I've done about 8 conversions myself over the last several years. I was down to one S12 which was the very first conversion I did. I messed up the barrel threads and my work looked ugly (doing this first one taught me alot). It sat in the safe for the last several years and I decided to send it off to Tromix to have the work corrected and couldn't decide on the stock. I've had S12's with the Ace folders, Kvar stocks, collapsibles. I liked them all honestly, but back then I had the options to choose between them. Anyway, now that I was having the build done, and with the years passing since I sold the other ones, I couldn't decide. I guess my biggest concern was cheek weld as this gun has the vent rib on it. But I decided to have the plate welded in and the gun is on it's way back to me now. I can't wait to see it!