TAC 47 Industries " M.A.G. 12 " Magwell

WR,

Factory or converted?

Has anything been done to the internals?

Is the gas block and puck clean? ports?

At the time, it was completely stock unconverted. And all the ports were clear when I checked them and the puck wasnt too dirty, but I did dump 20-30 flakes or specs of stuff off of the end of the puck when I pulled the factory plug out. I probably shot 150-200 rounds through it before I took the gas system apart and cleaned it. I already got the conversion done and the magwell installed and everything but I am going to duracoat the gun, so I wont know if it just needed a good clean or not for a few days. But if I need to improve on the gas ports on the barrel or gas block I have the ability to do that. Also, I will be installing the autoplug, so that might help me out with my problem some. I do plan on getting the internals polished but I dont really want to be without this gun for that long. Like anyone else, I just want this gun to be bulletproof.

• Like 1
  • Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One Poster In this Thread will Win a M.A.G. 12 Magwell for free. All You have do to enter is Post.     Tac 47 is now in full production with a new Push Button release Magwell with an intergrated tr

we will make a cali compliant model.

Just got finished shooting a 100 rounds through the very first magwell off the CNC, and I must say I am blown away at how well the it did! We shot a mix of low brass birdshot and didn't have one FTF o

Posted Images

WR,

It might not be a bad idea to get it running to your liking before you Duracoat it. Just a suggestion, don't Duracoat anything except the receiver and try your best to keep it off of any bearing surfaces and the chamber. Ideally, I would keep it out of interior of the receiver. I have seen a couple Duracoat nightmares.

ETA: I assume when you say "jams" you are referring to failure to eject. Sounds like you will need to reprofile and polish, and possibly need to enlarge some, if not all of your 4 ports. They are probably about .076-.080". If you get a chance, measure them and post the size. Did you buy it brand new?

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Just out of curiosity, and anyone that has one of these magwells can answer this one, has anyone that received one of these tried to modify AGP or factory mags to fit yet? I really want one of these, but I don't want to have to get rid of all of my mags and get new ones. The side ribs look like they might be in roughly the same location as the SGM mags, but I don't know for sure since I don't have an SGM mag to take measurements from.

WR,

It might not be a bad idea to get it running to your liking before you Duracoat it. Just a suggestion, don't Duracoat anything except the receiver and try your best to keep it off of any bearing surfaces and the chamber. Ideally, I would keep it out of interior of the receiver. I have seen a couple Duracoat nightmares.

ETA: I assume when you say "jams" you are referring to failure to eject. Sounds like you will need to reprofile and polish, and possibly need to enlarge some, if not all of your 4 ports. They are probably about .076-.080". If you get a chance, measure them and post the size. Did you buy it brand new?

Well all I will really be changing performance wise would be the auto plug, and I can sure leave that out the first run. I do think I am going to modify the hole in the gas block though. Its not really covering any holes but it is right on the perimeter of 2 of the 4 holes. And I was planning on just glass beading the barrel, reciever, gas tube, and dust cover and dura coating all of it. But I havent started that process so that sounds like a good thing. So I shouldnt touch anything that is inside the reciever at all basically? This will be my first dura coat experience

Yeah I meant FTE's, sorry about being unclear about that. And from what I can tell, all the ports are about .065-.069, I got the gun brand new about a month ago.

Just out of curiosity, and anyone that has one of these magwells can answer this one, has anyone that received one of these tried to modify AGP or factory mags to fit yet? I really want one of these, but I don't want to have to get rid of all of my mags and get new ones. The side ribs look like they might be in roughly the same location as the SGM mags, but I don't know for sure since I don't have an SGM mag to take measurements from.

From what I can tell, on the factory 5 rounder I have and the SGM mags I have, the ribs along the side of the mag are in the same location. Wouldnt hurt to get a second opinion though because I havent tried to modify my stock mag to work on the magwell yet.

The Screws bosses on the AGP mag are in the way I am sure you would have to take off to much material to keep the mag working for it to fit in the magwell.

The factory mag locked in as well. I did not fit (rocked front to back) as well as the SGM mags, but that can be fixed. I already added material to the back of the mag to work in a JT Magwell.

Went to the range Friday to test out the new magwell install. I could not be more pleased with the results. Ran about 100 rounds and it cycled everything I put in it, even damaged/stove-piped rounds set aside for my single-shot 12 ga. The mags I had modified for the JT magwell were a concern since they have material removed from the side ribs. The 12-rounders ran fine but one of my 10-round mags would not stay locked in. Adding a little material will solve this. The new 8-round mags ran flawlessly, only modified to fit in the magwell. Both of the 8-round mags have pinched-lips and rocking followers.... no problems feeding.

Along with the Tac47 Magwell, I have an Autoplug and an Auto-LRBHO.

http://youtu.be/8ZOLWXiuKiE

Went to the range Friday to test out the new magwell install. I could not be more pleased with the results. Ran about 100 rounds and it cycled everything I put in it, even damaged/stove-piped rounds set aside for my single-shot 12 ga. The mags I had modified for the JT magwell were a concern since they have material removed from the side ribs. The 12-rounders ran fine but one of my 10-round mags would not stay locked in. Adding a little material will solve this. The new 8-round mags ran flawlessly, only modified to fit in the magwell. Both of the 8-round mags have pinched-lips and rocking followers.... no problems feeding.

Along with the Tac47 Magwell, I have an Autoplug and an Auto-LRBHO.

http://youtu.be/8ZOLWXiuKiE

Thanks for the video and Glad your happy.

Went to the range Friday to test out the new magwell install. I could not be more pleased with the results. Ran about 100 rounds and it cycled everything I put in it, even damaged/stove-piped rounds set aside for my single-shot 12 ga. The mags I had modified for the JT magwell were a concern since they have material removed from the side ribs. The 12-rounders ran fine but one of my 10-round mags would not stay locked in. Adding a little material will solve this. The new 8-round mags ran flawlessly, only modified to fit in the magwell. Both of the 8-round mags have pinched-lips and rocking followers.... no problems feedin

That's good to hear since I have almost all my mags modified for a JT magwell....

How much slop is there since you have had to remove the side ribs?

Also I'm not sure how the tac 47 magwell bolts up...but did you have any problems with the existing holes already drilled for the JT?

Edited by snafu360

Went to the range Friday to test out the new magwell install. I could not be more pleased with the results. Ran about 100 rounds and it cycled everything I put in it, even damaged/stove-piped rounds set aside for my single-shot 12 ga. The mags I had modified for the JT magwell were a concern since they have material removed from the side ribs. The 12-rounders ran fine but one of my 10-round mags would not stay locked in. Adding a little material will solve this. The new 8-round mags ran flawlessly, only modified to fit in the magwell. Both of the 8-round mags have pinched-lips and rocking followers.... no problems feedin

That's good to hear since I have almost all my mags modified for a JT magwell....

How much slop is there since you have had to remove the side ribs?

Also I'm not sure how the tac 47 magwell bolts up...but did you have any problems with the existing holes already drilled for the JT?

There is not any slop, the magazine is centered at the top by the receiver. The issue is with the release, too much of the lower right rib removed and the magazine may not stay locked in. I plan on using JB weld to build it up. I have a 3- gun next weekend so I better have it ready. I will post how it holds up or what I find that works.

The Tac47 magwell has 3 mounting screws. Plus another back at the grip for the trigger guard. The rear 2 holes are back far enough from the JT magwell holes to be a clean drill and tap. The front is 1 hole. On mine, it was half a hole off of the JT magwell hole. I drilled 2 holes in the Tac 47 magwell and used 2 @ 6-32x1/4 screws instead of the 1.

OK that clears it up....I went ahead and drilled 3 holes at the front of my reciever/Jt magwell and could probably just match those to the tac magwell...

If you get a second could you snap a picture with the mag/ release relationship?

Thanks again,seriously considering this or jacks new magwell.

Hats of to the guys at tac 47 aswell..love my auto plug!

OK that clears it up....I went ahead and drilled 3 holes at the front of my reciever/Jt magwell and could probably just match those to the tac magwell...

If you get a second could you snap a picture with the mag/ release relationship?

Thanks again,seriously considering this or jacks new magwell.

Hats of to the guys at tac 47 aswell..love my auto plug!

Really cannot take a good picture of the mag/release with the magwell installed. If you look at their install instructions, the last picture on page shows the release in the upper left corner of the magwell. The release catches on the lower of the 2 top ribs (it sticks out more).

Install instructions: https://acrobat.com/app.html#d=VgEnIMX2*UvMrq1teg9EQQ

I did have to add material to my mag (previously modded for the JT magwell). Even with a deeper cut at the rib (as Risky did in a previous post), it was not enough to prevent accidental release of the mag. I uses Z-Poxy with carbon fiber mixed in with it. I shaped it to resemble the factory lug. I also added epoxy to the left side of the mag to prevent the mag rocking/twisting to the left. The mags now lock in very securely.

• 3 months later...

One Poster In this Thread will Win a M.A.G. 12 Magwell for free. All You have do to enter is Post.

Tac 47 is now in full production with a new Push Button release Magwell with an intergrated triggerguard. We are taking preorders filling orders for the first run of 200 M.A.G 12s.

Magwell Adapted Grip is the M.A.G. 12

Videos in action to come as well as Pre order info, the first 20 Preorders get a free Autoplug.

[/media][/url]

Im interested. Pricing out yet?

• 4 weeks later...

One Poster In this Thread will Win a M.A.G. 12 Magwell for free. All You have do to enter is Post.

Tac 47 is now in full production with a new Push Button release Magwell with an intergrated triggerguard. We are taking preorders filling orders for the first run of 200 M.A.G 12s.

Magwell Adapted Grip is the M.A.G. 12

Videos in action to come as well as Pre order info, the first 20 Preorders get a free Autoplug.

[/media][/url]

Im interested. Pricing out yet?

Yes here it is and link thanks.

http://www.tac47industries.com/content-product_info/product_id-2383/tac_47_m_a_g_12.html

• 1 month later...

Has any one figured out if a md drum will work or has a adapter to work for it?

MD-20s won't work and there is no adapter for that application, but I like my MAG12 so much that I may SBS the S12 that it is on. I have other S12s that will accept the MD-20s, so it isn't issue to me. SGM mags are what the MAG12 is designed to use and they drop free fast with the push of a button when properly fitted to the magwell. I can do 3 mag changes with the MAG12 faster than I can do 2 with normal rock and lock mags.

I know it's way to late but I wanted to say that every product I've purchased from ya'll has been top shelf all the way. Keep up the great work and I'll keep buying.

Has any one figured out if a md drum will work or has a adapter to work for it?

MD-20s won't work and there is no adapter for that application, but I like my MAG12 so much that I may SBS the S12 that it is on. I have other S12s that will accept the MD-20s, so it isn't issue to me. SGM mags are what the MAG12 is designed to use and they drop free fast with the push of a button when properly fitted to the magwell. I can do 3 mag changes with the MAG12 faster than I can do 2 with normal rock and lock mags.

Thnx for the info , would like to have that option tho . Just may figure something . To be cont. lol