TAC 47 Industries " M.A.G. 12 " Magwell

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One Poster In this Thread will Win a M.A.G. 12 Magwell for free. All You have do to enter is Post.     Tac 47 is now in full production with a new Push Button release Magwell with an intergrated tr

we will make a cali compliant model.

Just got finished shooting a 100 rounds through the very first magwell off the CNC, and I must say I am blown away at how well the it did! We shot a mix of low brass birdshot and didn't have one FTF o

Posted Images

that is tits. i can put my magwell grip on it.

i already see a problem losing the California market who require bullet buttons. will this work? it would be interesting if i can switch out my bullet button on this. if not maybe you can incorporate the same bullet button for AR and an ultimate button tool for the S12 mags.

more money in your pocket

I think it would be easier to modify it for Ca. use... See the mag release, if you remove that then you'll need a tool to activate the release, right?

Now, what do I win? I need one so I can tinker with it and maybe make it Ca. compliant.

Just got finished shooting a 100 rounds through the very first magwell off the CNC, and I must say I am blown away at how well the it did! We shot a mix of low brass birdshot and didn't have one FTF or FTE, best part is the magazine drops free just like your AR. Below is a video, granted it is still in the white but from our final tests the rest of the units will be rolling off the line real soon. Sorry don't know how to embed the video.

http://img534.images...34/8841/xak.mp4

Edited by NinerRider
  • Like 2
Looks sweet! Cannot wait to get mine from the early pre-order... It will be interesting to compare it the JTE magwell I have been using. But... I thought these were already done and were waiting on the anodized coating?

Correct they are done this was the very first one off the machine, they are at the anodizer right now we just pulled one out to do the final testing on a different gun. I have the JTE on my SBS, while it works most of the time I would never claim 100% reliability. For me getting the mags to drop free is a fine line between dropping free and having feed issues because the mag is to loose. Big plus on the Tac47 magwell is the mag release is on the side like an AR and the mag release supports the magazine at the correct feed angle. As soon as they come from the anodizer I plan on putting one on my 3 gun rig that Keith is building me.

Awesome!

I will really like the side magazine release. Never cared for the forward push release. I would have some rare FTF/FTE at times but never could confirm the magwell was the issue. The magazines were not held as well as I would like. This new magwell sounds like it will fix all of that. It is going to be sweet at my 3-gun!

Any updates on when the autoplugs will ship?

All the Winners for the AP should go out on Monday. As many of you know we have been out of Autoplugs for a couple weeks unexpectedly.

Evil: Answered your Questions and we can send it instead if thats what you would like.. Thanks.

Any updates on when the autoplugs will ship?

All the Winners for the AP should go out on Monday. As many of you know we have been out of Autoplugs for a couple weeks unexpectedly.

Evil: Answered your Questions and we can send it instead if thats what you would like.. Thanks.

Thanks for the update.

Also, as long as I get the product I won, and the company tells me why it didn't come on time, and provides updates when asked, then there is nothing fraudulent or shady about any of it, nor am I upset, because its a honest mistake they are trying to fix, and shit happens. And I want to again thank tac 47 for this contest, without it I would never have had a autoplug at all, let alone for free!

For the record, TAC47 is waiting on me to contact them Monday morning and order a couple more Autoplugs to accompany my M.A.G.12 on its journey halfway across what is left of our beloved nation to me. I have been informed that all is GTG. Thank you TAC47!!!! WINNING!!!!

My wife is getting me a GoPro HD Hero 2.... that means better videos and some footage of the M.A.G.12 in action!!!! I can't wait!

Jack and Keith,

Please let it go. I'm sure that this is not good PR for new members that aren't familiar with you guys. Please guys, we need a Kumbaya moment here....

Do it for the good of evl....

I have had my moments here as well and sure does feel a lot "warmer" to just get past my opinions and differences with other members. Thank you Pauly. I feel much better now. After going to a 3 Gun match and being ridculed about me use of a Saiga 12, and then blowing them away with its utter reliability, I have come to realize that all of us here are really on the same team ;) Flawless!

• Like 1

Maybe I missed this discussion, but I saw in the vids that you can just slap a mag in there and not have to lock the bolt back. Do you have to do any reprofiling of the bolt to insert it like that on a closed bolt? Almost worth it for that feature. Took a defensive shotgun class and got decent at putting a loaded mag in on a closed bolt, but it's far from easy.

Any magwells left for sale in the first batch?

Maybe I missed this discussion, but I saw in the vids that you can just slap a mag in there and not have to lock the bolt back. Do you have to do any reprofiling of the bolt to insert it like that on a closed bolt? Almost worth it for that feature. Took a defensive shotgun class and got decent at putting a loaded mag in on a closed bolt, but it's far from easy.

Any magwells left for sale in the first batch?

That is an advantage of all the magwells. It is a big plus.