Optics for 100 yards

I really don't plan to shoot much further than 100yards. Not really sure if I want a scope or red dot. I am leaning toward an inexpensive scope. Any suggestions as to what may hold up?

I am thinking on the lines of as compact a scope or red dot as possible.

thanks

Edited by thumbs1

Well I don't want to throw money away so if I can't get optics for under 100 bucks I will go higher but I would like to stay in that area. I bought a couple of the Bushnell TRS 25 red dots and am pretty happy with them. The dot is pretty small I think a 3. I will probably pull one off another rifle and give it a try first to see how it goes.

My buddy has one with a dot size of 4, I think. The problem is at 100 yards it takes out all the black of the center of the target. Kinda looking at fast acquisition with a little better dot or cross hair placement. My 3 may work idono yet. I just wanted something small and compact. I will take a look at the shotgun scopes and see what they have. I will be using a side mount scope mount.

The PK23-01 red dot I have for my rifle is pretty perfect out to ~250 yrds, imo, (it depends on your eyesight). It has a 1 MOA, blinking reticle, (8 Hz), and mounts pretty low over the dust cover on the quick-release side mount it came with, (~$190 about a year ago from eastwave).

I know that's a little more than you were looking to spend, but you get a mil-spec mount, (which you could conceivably use with any 30mm optic), along with this Russian mil-spec red dot, (fucker's durable), and it works extremely well. Ya get what ya pay for. ;)

m580transferpk23pics022.jpg

Edited by post-apocalyptic