Lower Handguard Tension Spring

Hi guys sorry for the late reply. The AK-036 you are talking about is actually for the wood stocks. I just went back and took a look at one of the rifles and also talked with the Tech. That piece is actually built into the poly handguards so it isn't needed. Yours are probably lost because the retainer that holds them in probably just needs to be tightened. Try tightening the retainer and that should take care of the problem. If it doesn't help let me know and I'll see what else I can find.

Hi guys sorry for the late reply. The AK-036 you are talking about is actually for the wood stocks. I just went back and took a look at one of the rifles and also talked with the Tech. That piece is actually built into the poly handguards so it isn't needed. Yours are probably lost because the retainer that holds them in probably just needs to be tightened. Try tightening the retainer and that should take care of the problem. If it doesn't help let me know and I'll see what else I can find.

What do you mean when you say "try tightening the retainer"?

The handguard retainer in my brand new sgl21-94 is in full locked down position but still moves around freely within the barrel notch because the notch is too deep and wide. There is no way to tighten the retainer.

Edited by Kalash103
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't know who made my handguard, but it was loose, plastic and had no spring or heat shield. I used the parts from wooden handguard (I built a 'rusty Romy') and the venerable dremmel to add the spring and shield to the cheapo plastic one. Works like a charm!