I found Pro mag 20 round drums for $69 but while at a local gunshop today the owner had a MD 20 rounder he got off a trade in i was going to buy it but it was sold when i told him i found Promags for 69 he told me never never buy promag because they do not work. So if you have a Promag drum should i save money and get it of just get the MD and not have any PLAY money for a little while ?

Both work well for the most part. my promag 20 works fine. Have also ran MD's and they run great also. I will say that the MD feels more stout in terms of construction. Copes distributors, a forum vendor, is the MD distributor and sells them for $99 I believe so the extra $30 won't break the bank for long if you go that route :-)

• Like 1

I found Pro mag 20 round drums for $69 but while at a local gunshop today the owner had a MD 20 rounder he got off a trade in i was going to buy it but it was sold when i told him i found Promags for 69 he told me never never buy promag because they do not work. So if you have a Promag drum should i save money and get it of just get the MD and not have any PLAY money for a little while ?

Seriously, I'd just go with the MD-20.

Why get second best?

$30.00 isn't much if you plan on keeping it & with all the politics, it's a good idea to have something that'll last a long time.

• Like 2

Friends don't let friends buy "Pro"mags. Battosai is being genuine, but why support a company that puts out inferior product by purchasing one of the few products it manufactures that functions?

Leave that type of "investment" to the government.

• Like 2

Both work well for the most part. my promag 20 works fine. Have also ran MD's and they run great also. I will say that the MD feels more stout in terms of construction. Copes distributors, a forum vendor, is the MD distributor and sells them for $99 I believe so the extra $30 won't break the bank for long if you go that route :-)

I've ran a couple of MD-20s too. They have performed flawlessly for me and I see no need to try a ProMag drum. Buy the drum that can be ran over with a truck and still work.... the MD-20.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I purchased a 12 rd Promag before reading this thread and am very dissatisfied. I can't get it to lock in place and it came with no instructions on what or how to make modifications. I think I just got a $65 education on buyer beware!!

Unfortunately I purchased a 12 rd Promag before reading this thread and am very dissatisfied. I can't get it to lock in place and it came with no instructions on what or how to make modifications. I think I just got a $65 education on buyer beware!!

Watch the md20 fitting video. You should be able to fit the promag the same way

the saiga 12 itself has very loose tolerances, therefore it would be very hard for magazine manufacturers to get a 100% fit on all units. i little filing here and there on brand new mags wont hurt. i'd buy those "poor-fitting" mags from you any day.

Here you go brother, fit it like this;

MD-20-1.jpg

MD-20-2.jpg

MD-20-3.jpg

MD-20-4.jpg

That's another cool thing about the MD-20. or moreover MD-Arms.

Mike cares enough about his customers to have an extremely detailed instruction manual printed.

OOPS...........Mike's MD-12 instructions are very clear and to the point, however my Promag is constructed differently. I have purchased over $1100 in the last month and all from CSS, Dinzag and Ironwwood and am about to spend another $130 to Pauly. Why I chose to save $30 and go with Promag via MidwayUSA I will never know. Should have gone with Mike at MD and would be out on the range now instead of trying to figure out this @$*%!% Promag. If anyone has Promag-12 instructions they could post I would be in your dept. Thanks all for your help and patience which is obviously NOT one of MY virtues.