After 10 Months I finally own a Saiga12

It has been a long, twisting, bumpy road, but I finally got a Saiga 12 last night. I am taking it out tomorrow to break it in with some 00 Buck and some Remington

7 1/2 bulk from Wally World. If every thing works well I will start the conversion.

Very, Very, Long Back story:

The past 10 months since I paid for a S12, before the ATF scare, I have had numerous problems with the dealer and a NICS denial.

The dealer's supplier sold the two he had that were there when I inquired about one. The Price: $480. Called two days later to order it. Gave a CC# for a $100 deposit telling the Dealer that I would be in Christmas Eve to pick it up and pay cash for the whole thing. The dealer charged the deposit to the CC. I paid in full and asked him to reverse the deposit charge. I was told by him he would take care of it. After I paid is when he told me he didn't have the gun. The next container was stuck in Customs. Then the ATF scare came out and the distributor said the price was now $700. There was already a commitment to buy from the distributor to my dealer.

After 2 months, I went to a NH Gunshow and found a S12. Price, $700 I paid for it just to make sure I got one since I already had $1700 into the first gun and accessories. I got a Delay and then a Denial. Sent a letter to the FBI to find out what was up. The Response: "Fugitive from Justice" Nothing else, no info about who, what, when, or where. I tried for two months to get my fingerprints rolled at the local PD. They were always too busy to fit me in. I am one exit from the police station and would take me all of 5 minutes to get there.

So, one day I got pulled over for a lane change without signaling. This warrant for me came up out of Florida. Now, I haven't lived in Florida since 1994. I moved to the Bahamas in December of 1994 and up here to New Hampshire in 1997. The warrant stems from a traffic stop that I was arrested for, bailed out, went to court, and I thought I complied with all of the terms of the court order. The three month probation was to be terminated upon getting a FL driver's license and paying the fine. I was just finishing college at the time as was still on my MD license. Apparently I got a probation violation for it but it was never entered into the system until they upgraded the files sometime in 2010.

I called the court clerk and was advised to write a letter to the judge explaining what happened and request that the warrant be dismissed. Done, I called 3 weeks later and the said there was no record of receiving the letter I wrote. I got transferred to many other "Sniveling Servants" I got to the Probation Supervisor and she told me to call her the next week as she had to order my files from the archives. More weeks went by with no return of my voice-mails. I started the telephone tag with all the numbers I had, still no response.

My brother lives in Melbourne FL and was going to Miami the next day. He offered to stop in to find out something. I went online to pull up my record to give him the case number. I saw that a hearing happened at 9:00am that morning. So something was happening. Seven weeks go by with no notification of the outcome of the hearing. I email the big cheese at the Probation Department naming names that I talked to and have not gotten any response.

The next evening on the drive home the Probation Supervisor called. She gave me the low down on everything. The Letter generated the hearing. The court clerk requested my files, so when the Super requested them, they were already at the courthouse. She thought she was done with it and that was the reason she never contacted me. Well the judge terminated the probation and dismissed the Warrant. I got a copy of the Court Order emailed to me from the Super.

I called the dealer that everything was ready for me to pick up my Saiga. He told me that he had to call the Distributor. The next day I stop in and he tells me the price is now $795 because of the length of time that has gone by. I showed him the CSS website where the price is $569. With $30 Shipping and a $25 transfer fee, it would come in at $625. He was saying that everyone charges $50 for a transfer. He said he would have to call the distributor again to see if he could sell it for the $650.

So He has had my money for the past 10 months and has never even ordered the gun. He said when I called him that he should just give me my money back. So Friday after work I went there to get the gun at $625-650 or get my money back. More excuses from the dealer about the distributor being in Florida. I asked for my money back then. He told me to come back on Monday to pick up a check. I reiterated that I wanted it now. He still refused saying come back on Monday. I had to call the local PD to come to get my refund. After the PD got there they came outside with a check. He was getting ready for a gunshow this weekend and I suspect he did not want to give me my money back so I could go to it and get a Saiga there.

This check was just for the $480. There is still the $100 CC Deposit that I have been in the store numerous times to get credited back to my account. It still hasn't been done. I disputed the charge three times with my CC company. The dealer scratched the line out the CC company could not read it so they won't do anything. The dealer says that they took the money out of his account, but he has never showed my any paper work to that effect. I have showed him mine from the original charge date and there is no credit from him.

I went strait from his store to the bank and cashed the check. I drove 25 minutes to another dealer that had them in stock for $650. I was in the store for 20 minutes. ten of that was talking about this whole fiasco. So in less than 1 hour later I owned a Saiga 12. It is a 2011 Legion import, SN# H114XXXXX, Inspection date: 9-13-2011, So it was made about a month ago.

He threatened me with a lawsuit for slander if I posted any of this online. He stated that he has the money to do it too. Then why was there such a problem to return my money? How long does it take to write a check?

He has a very poor reputation already. Others have voiced problems this guy has done to unsuspecting customers. How can it be slander if you tell the truth about what happened to you?

About an hour ago he called my cell. I didn't answer it. Then right after that I got two calls from a restricted number, I don't answer those either. There was only a hang up on the voice-mail.

I will check and print out all the CC statements for the last year. I may just file a small claims case against him asking for the $100, plus interest, Interest on the $480 he had of mine, plus court costs and filing fees. It would screw him up for a day of work too.

Malodave

• Like 1

Answer his calls, if you don't he can claim he made efforts to resolve the conflict and return your money.

Answer his calls and be a a polite asshole, tell him what your going to do if he doesn't credit your CC back.

Tell him all calls are being recorded, even if they're not.

Document all calls.

Yes Pauly,

I was excited about getting one before the price increase too. But that didn't materialize after all. I am testing it for function and break it in today, I will do all my conversion parts, test again. Then I can send it to you for your glassbolt service.

Malodave

Answer his calls, if you don't he can claim he made efforts to resolve the conflict and return your money.

Answer his calls and be a a polite asshole, tell him what your going to do if he doesn't credit your CC back.

Tell him all calls are being recorded, even if they're not.

Document all calls.

He has a good point. You can record phone calls on most smart phone or get and app to do it. I would call him back an record everything.

The Dealer has not called back yet or left a message from the first time.

Range report:

I installed the Tromix Shark Brake and the Tac47 Auto plug before I went to the range.

The four AGP mags needed a little thinning at the front to fit in the magwell, but

otherwise they locked up well. I still have 5 MD Arms drums to fit but I want to install the

extended mag release first.

Fired 5 rounds of Winchester 00 Buck no problem. Took about 10 rounds of the Wally

World Federal 7.5 Bulk to dial in the auto plug. I had 20 rounds of the Remington 7.5 bulk

to shoot too. I Had two stove pipes, adjusted the auto plug for them.

I ran 115 rounds of the Winchester 00 buck, 100 rounds of the Federal 7.5, and the 20

rounds of Remington Bulk. My shoulder is a little sore but no bruising.

The gun seems a little under-gassed by how much the auto plug's screw is turned in.

But it is functioning. There was one FTF with the 00 buck, but I attribute that to the

rounds being in a bandolier for a photo shoot. It may have been damaged enough to

cause the jam. There was another round that had the brass case dented. I didn't

use that one.

Now to get the tools I have together to do the conversion. I will install the folding stock

until I can have the telescopic stock machined for it.

Malodave