Tac 47 auto plug

I recently bought and installed a Tac 47 industries Saiga 12 auto plug. I made sure to try and set it exactly as the directions said to and I even watched the install video they have on the sight but I can't get my gun to cycle low brass any more. It was firing the low brass (remington sport load value pack from wal mart) fine before I installed the pulg. I just bought a twister puck hoping this might solve my problem. Does anyone have any experience with this product?

The twister puck has a tendency to cause guns to cycle improperly, and It can also gunk up you gas block. I would bet you probably need to have some port work done as well as other tuning options like polishing the bolt carrier. The Remington ammo is fairly strong. I would recommend one of the MD arms pucks either the booster or the stainless steel one. I have found that my iz 107 didn't like the twister puck, but with the auto plug some guns need a light puck or something like the CSS puck with the nipple on the back to keep it in contact with the op rod a bit longer.

The twister puck is garbage, they cause cycling issues and have been known to mushroom and get STUCK in the gasblock. I dont know why there still sold. Cancel your order if its not too late. I'll give you my RUSTED twister puck if you want one laugh.png

Edited by big-J

I'm having the same problem. My Saiga 12 (3 port) cycled Federal Value 7 1/2 on Factory Gas Plug Setting 1 and 2. I upgraded to the CSS plug and adjuster and everything was still fine. I installed the Auto plug this morning and ended up adjusting it all the way to the stops, when I fire the gun the bolt doesn't even move. Any ideas before I send this $50 POS back? Thanks fellas!

Have you guys tried contacting Tac-47 ??

+1 on this. assuming you have done exactly what the instruction says on the auto plug installation, then there may be problem with the plug itself. contact tac-47 first and hope you can sort it out.

Yeah, the bolt not moving at all means your getting no gas? I dont think I can believe that. Even with the screw, spring and vavle removed from my plug the bolt still moves a bit. Ive said it before, the Auto Plug is the best upgrade Ive added to my gun but it WILL NOT work in an under gassed or an "on the edge" of being under gassed gun. If anything, with the Auto Plug I would start with a slightly over gassed gun and then back off the gas with the Auto Plug.

I have 2 Autoplugs and my S12s run as great as they did with the other plugs that I have used. Nothing wrong with them and I wish that I had a couple more. TAC47 hit a home run with that one.

• Like 1

I bought one last fall and had the same problems. Adjusted it from stop to stop trying several times in between and had everything from the bolt barely moving to FTE. It was almost like it cycled 3/4 of the way and that was it. Which I assumed still not getting enough gas.... The one thing I haven't done yet is to take my gas block off and see how it's lining up completly but from what I can see with a paperclip and flash light all three holes are within the area for proper gassing... Another thing I noticed was I was having more problems while using the 20 round drum. One thing I thought was that maybe the added pressure from a full drum and spring was causing some stress or drag across the bolt adding to the problem. Didn't have as many issues with the factory mag. Still, the best I got was only two or three round bursts before another FTE. Installed the factory plug again but I still don't seem to have flawless firing... Just kinda threw it in the corner and forgot about it. Suppose I should follow up with Tac-47 and see what they have to say... Just didn't make much sense to me and figured I had wasted a little bit of money.

I'm having the same problem. My Saiga 12 (3 port) cycled Federal Value 7 1/2 on Factory Gas Plug Setting 1 and 2. I upgraded to the CSS plug and adjuster and everything was still fine. I installed the Auto plug this morning and ended up adjusting it all the way to the stops, when I fire the gun the bolt doesn't even move. Any ideas before I send this $50 POS back? Thanks fellas!

Your ports are not at ten and two .... Your plug needs to be in the detent... your guns bolt is not moving because you have all the gas blocked off.

Your ports are not at ten and two .... Your plug needs to be in the detent... your guns bolt is not moving because you have all the gas blocked off.

When I took it off I noticed the notch for the detent, I screwed it too far down and yes to those who commented, my gun cycles crap ammo with the Factory Plug on Setting 1 and 2. It's highly overgased. I have to wait until the weekend to try the plug again. Thanks for the help!

I have a Tac 47 auto plug and I use the stock puck. Rangerguy is right, and so is the guy in the Tac 47 video. Use the stock puck and continue to make 1/2 turns clockwise until the FTE's stop! That's why I did, and my S-12 cycles just fine! Of course make sure after every firing session you clean your puck well and the holes in the gas block.

Looking forward for an update.. have a good shoot.

Just installed, adjusted and burned about 50 rounds thru it. Ran everything from the Federal 7 1/2 load to Remington Slugger 2 3/4 Rifled Slugs perfectly. It also greatly reduced the recoil of my overgased monster to a decent level. 50 rounds and my shoulder isn't bruised, I couldn't run 10 rounds before and say that. Think I'm in love, thanks for the help and the awesome product!

Edited by Kurlus