Installing an Izzy side folder

Anyone know of a good tutorial for installing a Russian side folding trunnion, latch and stock onto a Saiga? I've looked around with no avail... haven't been able to find a gunsmith in Raleigh willing to take the work to install the stock so I think I have to do it myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you seen the Mako Group's side folding stock with the cheek rest? I am getting one tomorrow. I am totally excited about it. I will post when I get it. It is a drop in. There are 2 vids on youtube for it. They have 2 styles. One has the Galil hinge, and the other a polymer. The polymer can be had for $89 at Natchezss.com. I'll post it when I get it on.

I have one on my 10/63 and have been using it for about a year and a half... it's alright, but no where near the quality of an AK 100 series stock. If you're mounting optics its nice, but I prefer the 100 series stock for durability and authenticity. In the long run I want to turn my Saiga into an AK-102 clone with the short barrel, so I'm dead set on the stock.

I've got a CNC and a manual. Do you have a decent instructional or just even some photographs? Also what kind of tool do you use to put in the rivets? I don't mind buying tools since I can use them later on... it's an investment in skills and setup.

Bumping because I'd like to know how to install a triangle side-folder, too.

I'll be stuck at this part when I start putting my Krink together, plus I'm considering making an AK-101 from a new .223 and would love it if someone would share a rivet hole template other materials concerning side-folding trunnion installation.

If it comes to it, I know I'll be happy with the results if I send the whole thing to Cobra....

Bumping because I'd like to know how to install a triangle side-folder, too.

I'll be stuck at this part when I start putting my Krink together, plus I'm considering making an AK-101 from a new .223 and would love it if someone would share a rivet hole template other materials concerning side-folding trunnion installation.

If it comes to it, I know I'll be happy with the results if I send the whole thing to Cobra....

Nope, can't send it to me but perhaps to my FFL and he can help.

Yeah from what I can tell we live about twenty miles apart. I'll see if he's interested in installing the stock.

Well, haven't heard anything but I'm right here if you wanna come by sometime. At least you have that option.

BTW, I do happen to carry the proper front latches so you don't have to go through the problems involved with using the ones made for rifles.

Or just do it yourself....

http://forum.saiga-1...2-c-conversion/

http://pookieweb.dyn...side_folder.htm

And you should read this...

http://forum.saiga-1...__1#entry672061

Just noticed this was in the .223 section so your job will be easier. Sorry, my brain stays in S-12 mode most of the time....lol.

Still the above info is very useful...

Edited by Cobra 76 two