Barrel shroud cutting and threading Video ???

Any chance of you guys doing a video showing how to cut the barrel shroud and threading the end for a brake, comp, or flash hider. I think this would be very beneficial to the forum.

Many, including myself, have learned a lot from your other videos and have used them in our Saiga conversions. It really helps to see it done, and to view it when you need it, in your own work shop.

• 2 weeks later...

I am glad I found this topic..I just ordered a 14 x 1 LH threading kit from CSS, and this is my second order from them, great service and prices!

My question is which side of the threading die to I start the initial cut with? One side is marked with the Die size, the reverse side is blank. Should the side with the markings be on top , visible when I am starting the cut?

Also does it matter which side of the threading die handle is facing up when threading?

I know I begin the cut with one side, then after making first cut, use the other side to deepen threads after checking for fit using the muzzle attachment.

Have read the barrel threading tutorials, but not sure about which side of the die to use.

I can see that the teeth in the die are not parallel inside, they are tapered differently.

Thanks, hope you can help.

Edited by Sunset_Va