I was standing outside of my girlfriend's house on sunday night, smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer. I was next to the staircase (she lives on the first floor of a 2 story motel style apartment), with my back to the parking lot, and she was facing the parking lot. She says "he doesn't live here." I turned around and there was a dude talking on his cell phone, it sounded like he was trying to figure out which apartment someone was in. He walked up, and I stepped aside so he could get up the stairs, and when I looked up he had a gun, and said 'give it up' or something along those lines. I put my hands up, and told him to be cool. I set my beer down and told him I was goimg to put my hand in my left pocket, then reached into my pocket, got my phone, and told him I was going to set it on the ground. He went to pick it up, and I grabbed the kel-tec pf9 off my right side waist band, and shot him twice in the gut (turns out I actually hit him in the stomach and upper leg). He fell up against a car, hit the ground, and I stepped back real quick and tried to line up on him with two hands on the pistol. I don't really know how or what happened, but I got my left hand cut, looks like it was too high behind my right hand and the slide bit it. Also, the gun jammed, and by this time he was up and running, no shit. I cleared the round, and took a knee behind a car, grabbed my phone, and called the police. They showed up in less than 5 minutes, and were super cool (this was Birmimgham PD), said someone had got robbed a couple of blocks over earlier, it ended up being the same dude. After a while, about 45 minutes, a hospital on the western side of town called and said they had a black male with 2 gunshot wounds. Turned out he was coked up and drunk, which explains how he was able to take 2 9mm hollow points and get up and run, which surprised the hell out of me. Anyway, he had dropped his gun in the parking lot, (a Lorcin 25, imagine that), and had also fired off one round, they found a 25cal shell next to the car. The cops never gave me any greif, actually told me I did what I had to and good job. I am waiting to get the gun back from evidence, but really don't know if I want to carry it anymore. I'm carrying a Glock 23 now. I feel alright, certainly don't have any regrets, and i'm glad that no one I care about was hurt.

Edited by elvis christ
  • Like 19
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was standing outside of my girlfriend's house on sunday night, smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer. I was next to the staircase (she lives on the first floor of a 2 story motel style apartment),

Don't hold your breath. If Elvis was unarmed & got shot they would have covered it because it suites their agenda. The story would have gone something along the lines of "We need gun control bec

I sat out there and drank about 4 beers over the course of 2 hours in front of the police while I was telling them what happened, over and over. They're fine. They knew what happened, and were cool wi

Yeah, as of 2008 Alabama's self defense clause is great. I'm also immune from any civil litigation rhat would arise from the incident.

Yeah NC finally passed the similar laws but they dont go into effect until Dec.31.

Word of advise, watch your back for the next couple weeks at least. A shooting occurred at my house a few years ago. Turns out the guy shot was a "gang" member. After that for about 2 weeks vehicles would ride by real slow at all hours of the night, some would stop down the road. I was walkin some friends out one night when a vehicle road by, stopped and started backing up! I pulled my pistol and started yelling at em and I guess they didnt want to be shot back at so they drove off. Somebody even shot off a couple rounds one night down the road from my house. None of them had the balls to try anything but they made it clear they were there. Needless to say I didnt sleep much at all for awhile! lol

Not trying to scare ya but this is defiantly something to keep in mind.

• Like 2

Elvis, I was going to ask if you where on southside, but I saw that you posted you where, next guess would be that you where in Ensley. Glad you're OK, but get the hell away from those damn fruit loops over there, that place ain't nothing but freaks and assholes. I had to take a friend of mine over there about 3 weeks ago for oral surgery, and the whole time he was back in the room, I was watching my truck and the druggies scoping out what was inside.

Glad to hear you are o.k. first and foremost. Its also good to know you where not harrased or taken in. My wife has to travel to Birmingham a lot for her work now. When she started going I bought her a new .38 this summer. You only hope you never have to use it, but that is why we carry. BTW sounds like you handle the situation very well. Staying calm enough to distract and get off a couple good shots is awesome. Not to mention clearing the jam ( I dont think the Glock will ever do that). This is exactly why I pratice firing and clearing my weapons a lot. It becomes second nature. Thumbs up Elvis!

Edited by Yoshi
  • Like 2
Elvis, I was going to ask if you where on southside, but I saw that you posted you where, next guess would be that you where in Ensley. Glad you're OK, but get the hell away from those damn fruit loops over there, that place ain't nothing but freaks and assholes. I had to take a friend of mine over there about 3 weeks ago for oral surgery, and the whole time he was back in the room, I was watching my truck and the druggies scoping out what was inside.

I guess you were at St. Vincent's or UAB? I'm right down the street from St. Vincent's, and the southtown projects.

I guess you were at St. Vincent's or UAB? I'm right down the street from St. Vincent's, and the southtown projects.

I used to live in the apartments caddycorner to the golf coarse at that screwed up 4/5 way

Good job. May not want to openly disclose what type of beverage you were drinking at the time to avoid ant possible repercussions. I know here in Kansas whether or not you were in the right you could still be fined, prosecuted, and/or lose you license.

• Like 1

Good job. May not want to openly disclose what type of beverage you were drinking at the time to avoid ant possible repercussions. I know here in Kansas whether or not you were in the right you could still be fined, prosecuted, and/or lose you license.

It was a (ROOT) beer. A&W. In a bottle.

• Like 2

I sat out there and drank about 4 beers over the course of 2 hours in front of the police while I was telling them what happened, over and over. They're fine. They knew what happened, and were cool with it. They were actually laughing about it, 'oh, his ass will turn up, or die.'

• Like 7

Damned fine job, misdirected his attention and got the drop on him.

Too bad he is still kicking, he'll be back at it in no time at all.

Watch for him to seek revenge, seriously... But I'm sure you know that. Put that fucker down for the count if he ever comes near you again.

I too wouldn't carry the KelTec if it jammed.

My XD9 experienced a mechanical breakage its first trip to the range, after SA fixed it, it took me probably a year and over a thousand rounds with ZERO problems before I'd trust it for EDC.

The G23 is a good Carry, go with it.

I too would like to know what the ammo was?

I don't give a flying fuck that you were enjoying a beer(s), as long as you weren't blatantly intoxicated and acting a ass.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

Good to see people defending themselves. Also good to see states protecting the law abiding citizen. Maybe the pf9 missfed when the slide bit your hand. I could see a big ol chunk of skin making it difficult for a firearm to go fully into battery. Has it proven to be relaible in practice?

• Like 1