Thanks, i'm looking at the 36 because its single stack, I figured it'd be a little bit more comfortable than the double stack models. I have a 23 i used to carry, but I started carrying the kel tec because it was so much easier to deal with.

Dude, I carry a G23 in a Supertuck daily and it is easy to manage. Hell, lots of times my wife doesn't think I am carrying and asks why I am not. I have no problems comfort-wise climbing in and out of either my Jeep or my new Camaro. You know it's there but it isn't a hinderance.

• Like 1
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was standing outside of my girlfriend's house on sunday night, smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer. I was next to the staircase (she lives on the first floor of a 2 story motel style apartment),

Don't hold your breath. If Elvis was unarmed & got shot they would have covered it because it suites their agenda. The story would have gone something along the lines of "We need gun control bec

I sat out there and drank about 4 beers over the course of 2 hours in front of the police while I was telling them what happened, over and over. They're fine. They knew what happened, and were cool wi

May the dirtbag die of complications before we have to spend any more money on him. Well done sir! As far as your weapon malfunction goes- live and learn. The real question is "how long did it take for your training to kick in and clear the weapon?". It is not required that you answer, just know for yourself and work on that "muscle memory". Again, well done!

kel-tec pf9

I don't think the cocaine or alcohol is the reason why he was able to shrug off your shots 021.gif

You're attempting to put something down, though I'm not sure what. Both Kel Tec and the 9mm round are both well regarded and trusted.

Who cares if he used a Kel Tec? Yes, he experienced a failure, maybe because of his hand in the way? He did overcome that failure and put two in the crackhead's gut. How many did the perp put in Elvis? Win win as far as I'm concerned. As far as the 9mm caliber argument goes, it's the Indian not the Arrow. Shot placement is key with any caliber but in a stress induced shoot, most people will be off with their hits.

• Like 1

Thanks, i'm looking at the 36 because its single stack, I figured it'd be a little bit more comfortable than the double stack models. I have a 23 i used to carry, but I started carrying the kel tec because it was so much easier to deal with.

Dude, I carry a G23 in a Supertuck daily and it is easy to manage. Hell, lots of times my wife doesn't think I am carrying and asks why I am not. I have no problems comfort-wise climbing in and out of either my Jeep or my new Camaro. You know it's there but it isn't a hinderance.

Granted, I don't have a ton of experience with carrying yet (getting closer to my permit; I'm 60-something days into the 90 day wait), as I've only been carrying around the house to get the holster broken in...................but I agree. With a good holster and belt, a G23 is very manageable to carry concealed. I have a Supertuck that fits the G19/23 and I love it. A buddy of mine carries a G22 in a Supertuck (jeans/t-shirt and he's built like a beanpole) and it's disappears.

That being said........AIMSurplus just got some police trade-in G27's in for $399, if you're looking for a slightly smaller profile.

i congratulate the op. many people would have failed in this situation. high stress / adrenalin, really effect ones mental state and reaction time. that is why proper training is important.

as to the weapon and 9mm ammo. would'nt be my first choice. but we all have our opinions. in this incident, the intended victim chose not to be a defenseless victim before the fact. all turned out well, except for the hand injury.

http://www.thegunzone.com/have-a-gun1.html

• Like 2

i congratulate the op. many people would have failed in this situation. high stress / adrenalin, really effect ones mental state and reaction time. that is why proper training is important.

as to the weapon and 9mm ammo. would'nt be my first choice. but we all have our opinions. in this incident, the intended victim chose not to be a defenseless victim before the fact. all turned out well, except for the hand injury.

http://www.thegunzon...ave-a-gun1.html

Like the original poster, you totally nailed it. Opinions about ammo, guns, and training are a dime a dozen (with everyone claiming their dozen is the best dozen out there). He survived! He fought back!! He lived to post about it!!! I call that a "successful engagement" on his part. The other stuff (weapon choice, ammo choice, training) is for him to work out. I see a lot of great advice- don't get me wrong -but in the end, only Elvis can make those decisions for himself. I specifically told him that he need not reply to the one question that I posed....because the answer to that question isn't for me, it is for him. Again, elvis christ, well done!

LOVED the link about the 1st rule of a gun fight.....simple, but so true!

Edited by cyp1230

Yeah, that's a good link. As far as an armed robbery is concerned, if the aggressor thought you had a gun, he wouldn't try to rob you. So the simple act of having a gun, any gun, gives you an advantage, because the aggressor is not expecting you to have a gun. You get the drop on them, even if they get the initial drop on you.

cyp, I like the way you think.

Edited by elvis christ

Still no links to this attempted robbery?

Don't hold your breath.

If Elvis was unarmed & got shot they would have covered it because it suites their agenda.

The story would have gone something along the lines of "We need gun control because these criminals are using guns to rob the law abiding."

However, covering this story would encourage people to carry guns & that doesn't jive with any corporate media's agenda.

Your TV is there to indoctrinate & scare you into asking those in power to limit your rights, not to encourage you to exercise them.

• Like 7

That's about right. I forgot to mention that I lost my job 2 days before this happened, so it was really not the best time to try and steal from me, not that there's ever a good time, but you get the point. I did find more work at a smaller, less corporate place within a week, so i'm not complaining. Fuck a bunch of politics at work, I don't get paid enough to deal with that shit.

First,congrats on a good shoot and coming out alive.

I read this last night and have been thinking about it this morning. Not that it matters now,do you think your cut thumb is what caused the failure?

Also,all this monday morning quarterbacking about gun and caliber is silly. I pocket carry a jframe with speer .38 short barrel in warm weather and carry a m&p compact in a mtac holster in cooler weather and feel that either are sufficient. That said,I personally know someone who shot a guy point blank with a .45 Kimber carry gun(comander size) right next to his nipple(under arm) with corbon DPX and the damn guy walked off until his lung colapsed. Paramedics arrived and the guy lived. This is why most instructors tell you that once shot a bad guy is going to keep on going for a little while unless you put one through their CNS.

Once again,good shoot and it couldnt have turned out better for you.

Edited by RRice
  • 3 weeks later...

So its been about 6 weeks, and I still haven't gotten my pistol back. They sent me a letter saying I could come get it, so o went to the police dept. and filled out the release form. I called them a couple of weeks later, and they said there was a note that they had to contact the detective. The detective called me and basically said I had to wait till the case was closed to get the gun back, which is strange, imo. But, whatever.

In my experience, when a gun is being held by law enforcement it is for evidentiary reasons. The weapon should be secured by the investigating law enforcement agency. A strict record should be kept regarding dates and times evidence (In this case, your PF9) was secured, removed, returned, and by whom, along with the reason for such actions. Both prosecutors and defense attorneys will treat law enforcement officers rather harshly if evidentiary procedure is not followed accordingly. Chain of evidence is so very important to a successful prosecution. The case itself can depend on proper protocol. Remember the O.J Simpson trial? The suspect and defense attorney also have a right to examine the evidence prior to trial that is to be used against the accussed at trial. If the PF9 was sold, stolen, crown/rifling damaged...ect, during the interim between the crime and trial then it would give the defense leverage if the physical evidence was not available, or forensic evidence altered prior to said trial. And the court system is rarely fast. You may not get your property (firearm) back anytime soon. At the conclusion of the case, whether by dismissal, plea bargain, or jury trial, the weapon should be returned to it's owner if said weapon was possessed and used in accordance with the law. Most states have laws which outline the procedure. Check your state's code...the language should be available online. That being said, I owned a Kel-Tec PF9 a few years back. It never jammed from day one. I carried Cor-Bon Powr'balls in it. I sold the PF9 and purchased a Kahr CM9. The only reason I sold the Kel-Tec was because I could not get used to the wobbly slide and I wanted a stainless carry 9mm. If your hand interferred with the slide during the firing cycle then that is what probably caused the jam. Oh, by the way...GOOD JOB!

Edited by t165
  • Like 2
kel-tec pf9

I don't think the cocaine or alcohol is the reason why he was able to shrug off your shots 021.gif

You're attempting to put something down, though I'm not sure what. Both Kel Tec and the 9mm round are both well regarded and trusted.

i think he was kidding, but one hit with a .600 nitro probably would have put him down

600_NITRO_EXPRESS_PISTOL.JPG

anyone want to start a caliber argument 021.gif

• 2 months later...