Chaos Mini Titan For Saiga 12 SBS!

Just wanted to let everyone know these are now avilable for backorder on the Chaos website. They will require some fitting, the front hole is not drilled but there is an alignment mark that makes for easy location of hole to be drilled. These are designed for 8" SBS.

SHORTY4.jpg

NEMESISSHORTY1.jpg

Shorty2.jpg

Cameron,

Will these have the same rear receiver tab as your current lineup? In other words, can I install one on a gun that has a 100 series folder?

Yes these lock up the same way your dust cover does, these will not restrict a folding stock.

Cameron,

Will these have the same rear receiver tab as your current lineup? In other words, can I install one on a gun that has a 100 series folder?

Yes these lock up the same way your dust cover does, these will not restrict a folding stock.

Sorry, I was talking about where the lower portion of your handguard goes into the receiver, not the dust cover. My boss has one of your railed handguards which had a "U" shaped insert that went into the front of the receiver. I don't think that insert will work on a 100 series folder (I could be wrong, it was a few years since I saw the inners of his/your rail). I really want one of these if it will not interfere with the stock's catch pin that is located in the receiver slot that the handguard fits into. That's a poor description. I need to take a picture...

Cameron,

Sorry, I was talking about where the lower portion of your handguard goes into the receiver, not the dust cover. My boss has one of your railed handguards which had a "U" shaped insert that went into the front of the receiver. I don't think that insert will work on a 100 series folder (I could be wrong, it was a few years since I saw the inners of his/your rail). I really want one of these if it will not interfere with the stock's catch pin that is located in the receiver slot that the handguard fits into. That's a poor description. I need to take a picture...

Yeah get a picture and then I will be able to tell you one way or the other.

Cameron,

Please refer to the bottom image that KC913 so graciously posted in this thread...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/64099-ak100-series-folding-stock-trunion-installation-plans-blueprints/

The pin in question is on the bottom image. It is drilled .906 from the front of the receiver, however the latching mechanism takes up some more room. I'm not real sure how close to the front of the receiver the latch sits.

sunnybean, you could drill the hole carefully. You could also swap the latch spring out with a shorter one, so the hole wouldn't need to be as deep to retain it, but still function.

KC,

I'm not sure if you can drill it. Have you seen the way Cameron's system attaches to the receiver? I drilled the stock hand guard to work but his system has a "U" shaped piece that inserts into the receiver and then the hand guard fits into that. I hope it will work with a 100 series folder, but doubt it...

ETA Hey, you wouldn't happen to have a 100 series blueprint that shows the catch/latch, would you. I think saigatechusa posted one some time ago but I cannot locate it now.

Edited by sunnybean