Bullet Guide Mistake - Question

This is my first post, and I just completed my first Saiga conversion. I must say this forum made it a lot easier. I fully completed the conversion including the bullet guide, and went to close the bolt and it would not close. After checking I mistakenly installed the 5.45 x 39 bullet guide instead of the correct 7.62 x 39.

How bad did I screw up? I am going to order the correct one and I am hoping the holes line up. Does anyone know if they will?

Thanks

Samned

So i got the correct bullet guide today in the mail. I did not want to drill another hole in the trunion, so I fitted the bullet guide to fit in the existing hole. It fits just flush with the end of the trunion. It does not stick out, but it seems to feed just fine.

samned

Glad it worked! For what it's worth I did not like the #6 screw, I felt it was too small. I drilled and tapped for a 10-32 screw.

It's not the size of the screw , but the strength of the material it's built with.

• Like 1