My Saiga 7.62 conversion

I am blogging every step of my conversion with video and pics. I want this to be the most complete conversion log out there.

Please visit the blog and post comments and sugestions. Good or bad

saigaconversion.wordpress.com

thanks!

Does your surplus wood kit have a cleanig kit holder in the butt stock? And with going with bulgarian surplus wood that hurts your parts towards being compliant, what else are you doing to stay 922r compliant?

Yes it has cleaning kit hole in the buttstock. Its actually very nice now that it is refinished.

On my blog I list the parts I am converting for 922r. Saiga 7.62 comes with 14 countable parts.

FCG - 3 parts

gas piston - 1 part

Leaves me with 4 US and 10 foreign. Compliance!

Yes it has cleaning kit hole in the buttstock. Its actually very nice now that it is refinished.

On my blog I list the parts I am converting for 922r. Saiga 7.62 comes with 14 countable parts.

FCG - 3 parts

gas piston - 1 part

Leaves me with 4 US and 10 foreign. Compliance!

Ok, I see how your staying compliant. Gun looks good. Any mods planned for the front sight?

Not sure exactly what yet. I was thinking a slant brake. Or maybe go with a US made 74 style. I think the FSB with the bayonet lug would be cool. Then I could get the cleaning rod and look a little more authentic.

Thanks!

Edited by tdp378

Well for a noob stuff like this is of course welcome, Im just consuming as much good info as I can find and this forum has been an EXCELLENT resource (first post btw after lurking for a few days) ((sry I didnt see an intro thread so...))

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Best-

Loosey

Not sure exactly what yet. I was thinking a slant brake. Or maybe go with a US made 74 style. I think the FSB with the bayonet lug would be cool. Then I could get the cleaning rod and look a little more authentic.

Thanks!

i want a 74 style with a bayo as well. Just not sure if i want to spend $75+ for basically to just add a bayo. My barrel is already threaed so I can put a muzzle brake on.

• 2 weeks later...

In your 1st pic you don't have the top HG on yet. Can you run it like that? That may be the look I've been looking for.........

you could hypothetically leave the top one off.. but if you ever touch the gas tube after a lot a shooting you will be sorry you did..

In your 1st pic you don't have the top HG on yet. Can you run it like that? That may be the look I've been looking for.........

you could hypothetically leave the top one off.. but if you ever touch the gas tube after a lot a shooting you will be sorry you did..

You can touch the top of the gas tube with the saiga stock HG, burns just the same. bad_smile.gif

Very very nice rifle. I love the wood look also. You did a great job refinishing the wood. Not bad for a $25.00 set of used wood. Only thing I don't like is the muzzle brake, but I don't like it on the 74s either. I like the look of the slant brake better, but that just my opinion & what do I know.