saiga 7.62 x 39, timbersmith black laminate conversion in the works...

so, i ordered a timbersmith black laminate stock, and i got myself an old 7.62x39 saiga rifle, id really like to do a bolt hold open and im already this far into the conversion so i cant really back out now and pay a gun smith, i just find that most of the info/steps i need to take are far from few to find on the net.....so heres all the parts i ordered from danzig because all id really like to do is get my timbersmith stock set to work with my factory sporter 7.62

FCGPGC1 FCG PG Saiga : 1 : 39.00

AKPGNO AK PG Nut : 1 : 6.00

AKGT1 Gas Tube 1 : 1 : 35.00

AKBOR1 Bolt-On Retainer : 1 : 85.00

Subtotal : 165.00

then i lost my fucking pistol grip screw that came with it, i figure it cant be that hard to make a feed ramp ethier since i got grinders and cutting wheels plus im a welder......

i belive i got the basic tapco g2 trigger system...i think it said there was an option for a modified g2 that would work with the bolt hold open and something was cut out on it...so wtf....i guess i could just modify it myself??????????

id really also like to maybe somehow thread my barrel and id like to have a bolt hold open also...im sure im going to be spending alot of money on this convers. shit hell....the stock set was 120$ i couldve got awhole nother sks rifle for this much but fuck id rather have one really nice rifle then a bunch of others.....

so did i need to buy somekind of plugs? any parts im missing? i think id like to maybe get a new trigger guard but im trying to go as cheap as possible so im going to reuse mine...also i had alot of problems with removeing the triggerplate/assembly and its all in WAIIITTTINNG damn waiting for me to get these parts whic i shouldnt have done cause now i cant go out and shoot her.....

i am pretty broke you know and this is alot of money for the average 20 yr old who works a crappy 10$ n hour call center job.... so if anyone has any ideas on some other parts i might need i got all this up for grabs/trades to help further my conversion :

have 2 saiga 10 round mags and 1 30 round surefire saiga mag. a white box of 50 round winchester 38 special + p ammo like 45 rounds of 7.62 x 54r surplus, about roughly 10 12 gauge 00 buck/ slugs 2/34 and also got like 4 nitro turkey 3 an half inch 12 gauge round a few .410 shells a few 9 mm luger rounds a bunch of .20gauge shells a couple others like .32 sw .380 and maybe some other stuff.... so if any of that interests you guys (which i know it might?) i just want to get this ball a rollin as fast as possible, so ya

i will post pictures of my reciever asap and my stock o yeah i have a walmart and a few auto car places around seems to me i remember hearin round theres some kind of automotive paint that works wonders for these as far as touch ups if anyone knows something really common that works great im not careing to spend a little money to make her look pretty again since im gonna need to after i fucked her up slightly but should still be green for go thanks and im glad to be hear with everyone!

i also have a side rail mount for ak's i dont need cause i dont like this one, has 2 pitcanny rails one top one side and it has those hex heads that you screw into to mount it..... sorry for the double post...

post-37314-0-72803800-1319323752_thumb.jpg

post-37314-0-52471500-1319323766_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...