5.45 conv. list for newbe

O.K. I would like to get everything ready for a conv. on a 5.45 Saiga. Let me know if this is all parts I need to get. I think I can get most of it from MARKW1. I know this has been gone over but I want to make sure.

1. Std. AK74 brake.

2. Std. AK74 front sight.

3. Std. AK74 90' gas block.

4. Std. AK74 gas tube, this might be wrong.

5. Std. AK74 hand guard ret. I plan on pulling everthing to fit this.

6. either reuse trigger guard or get a conv. one.

7. pistol grip with bolt & nut.

8. G2 trigger.

9. Bullet guide.

10. AK74 stock of my choice.

And all the tools I can get hold of. I have a 12 ton press. And get ready for alot of work!

What all did I leave out.

TIA.

• Like 1

presto,

I have thought about that, but I wanted to make sure all AK74 parts would work. So the gas tube will fit in place of the Saiga tube with out any kind of work done to it? It will mate up to the Saiga rsb no problem? I will add the right amount of 922r parts that I need before all said & done. And I'll have enough parts left over if I buy a parts kit that I will just have to build another rifle. Damn, it just don't stop.big_smile.gif

Thanks for all the replies. This forum is full of great knowledge & great people, I love it! I'm glad I joined.

kinda in the same boat as the OP. have a question about the fcg though. the tapco g2.. single hook or double hook? whats the difference between the two. seen them on apex site and not really sure which one to get. also, would i have to modify the g2 in any way after i get it or not? thanks everyone!