Never thaught I would like the 5.45 so much, but man is it fun to shoot. Recoil you hardly notice, accurate, and cheap ammo makes you want to shoot more (any one for a SG ammo order?). I did notice that the cheap surplus ammo had a funny smell, but it goes bang, shoots straight, and no issues. Shot about 300rds and did not have any FTE's or FTF's. Did not save the targets because I forgot how to adjust the front sight for windage (I did remember the adjustment tool, LOL), I am shooting a few inches right at 25 meters and I will work on it next week. The conversion was no problem, but I am currently trying to decide on what to do for a lower hand guard. My Dad helped me out and I think he was a little concerned about what we were doing, however once the trigger guard/plate was off there was no going back. Now my Dad wants a 410 Saiga for shooting varmets aroud the horse barn (but he does not want to concvert it).

I think that next month fun money will go towards a RS Productsw AKM 30 side scope mount and a Primary Arms M3 red dot (they have a combo special for $208.00) and a spam can of ammo.

For the conversion I installed the Tapco enhanced G2 trigger set, Tapco Saw OD pistol grip, and a OD Kvar Nato length stock. Will post picture after I do the hand guard conversion.

****************************For the conversion I installed the Tapco enhanced G2 trigger set, Tapco Saw OD pistol grip, and a OD Kvar Nato length stock. Will post picture after I do the hand guard conversion. ****************************************************************

How close is the color between the stock and the pistol grip? I was considering the exact same thing only opting for the Warsaw length on the stock.

Never thaught I would like the 5.45 so much, but man is it fun to shoot. Recoil you hardly notice, accurate, and cheap ammo makes you want to shoot more (any one for a SG ammo order?). I did notice that the cheap surplus ammo had a funny smell, but it goes bang, shoots straight, and no issues.

You'll come to love that smell!

7N6 is some really great ammo. Cheap, deadly, very accurate, and super-reliable. Stock up on it while it lasts.

Don't stock up! Share! Limit 2 per customer! I constantly wonder how much AIM has left... I can only imagine too if any of those half ass revolutionaries over there in Libya got some of our stocks of Russian surplus! We actually aim our shots!