Let me see a pic of of the back of the bolt carrier in the gun with the hammer against the firing pin and a pic of the back of the carrier (the bottom side). The swelling is your chamber or it's firing out of battery. I solved this problem on the 9mm AK gun I made for Will Hayden.

If the cases bulge when you are just plinking and not a repid fire, your chamber is bad. Maybe what that guy did to the ramp caused this?

Edited by ARMOR

I'm not certain he did anything to the ramp. I do have a high level of confidence in Tom's work, I doubt he introduced the problem, rather, it just slipped past him. My best guess is it's firing out of battery. I'll inspect the chamber with a nylon pick if I can find my picks, see if anything turns up.

Does your carrier have anything like this at the bottom so the hammer can't hit the firing pin till it's closed in battery? If it doesn't, I bet that's the problem then.

100_2344.jpg

Edited by ARMOR

Could you post some pics of your carrier and the magwell are with the mag installed and the carrier out of the rifle? I'd like to see it. I have the Ceiner setup myself.

Edited by ARMOR
  • 1 month later...

Different rifles, Uzi - armscor makes two semi-auto rifles, one of which vaguely cosmetically resembles an AK, the other, an M16. The M10 .22LR is actually a Romanian rifle that largely uses Romanian AK parts, just like a WASR-22.

You're correct but the Armscor is a lot cheaper and is reliable bit is uggggly. The Romy looks more realistic but costs more and is finicky.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well I would like to buy one, but all of a sudden Centerfire is refusing to ship ANY parts kits to Washington state, despite the fact that we don't magically have any new laws that we didn't in past years. Cannot posess full-auto fire group parts, and that's it.

Well I would like to buy one, but all of a sudden Centerfire is refusing to ship ANY parts kits to Washington state, despite the fact that we don't magically have any new laws that we didn't in past years. Cannot posess full-auto fire group parts, and that's it.

Well if the parts kits for this gun have the weak disconnector spring it might almost be confused for an auto...