Promag 12RD Drum???

After spending 15 minutes trying to load rounds 11 & 12 into this 12 rd drum I finally gave up. Apparently it is a 10 round drum instead of 12 as advertized. Then I discovered that it will not lock into Saiga 12 as the backend will not snap into place. Purchased it from MidwayUsa because it was advertized as a Saiga 12ga drum mag. It came with NO instructions at all, to my amazement. Anyone have any experience that might help, or it just your plain old POS??

I will watch the MD video and thanks for the advise. Sorry, but my original post was not very clear. It IS a 12rd drum but I have to force the 11th round in so tight that I am worried that it will jam or fail to feed. I have no idea how to insert the 12th round as there are only 11 slots. I am a bit frustrated as I believe for $65 plus shipping the product should come with instructions on how to load and modify if needed, even if they have to add a dollar or two. Especially since they obviously know that Saigas are notorious for being inconsistant straight from the factory. Lesson learned, in that I am not a fan of Promag and will not purchase any of their products in the future. Thanks guys for your help and please forgive my frustration and negativity.

God Bless you dwnthehatch for your help. The packaging does say 12 rd so it is obviously user error on my part. Does the 12th rd load into the neck of the drum instead of the drum itself? Once again, without instructions I am in the dark. Thanks guys for helping a felloow S12 owner in need.

God Bless you dwnthehatch for your help. The packaging does say 12 rd so it is obviously user error on my part. Does the 12th rd load into the neck of the drum instead of the drum itself? Once again, without instructions I am in the dark. Thanks guys for helping a felloow S12 owner in need.

the last 2 rounds 11 & 12 will be in the tower (neck of the drum). you can see thru the back of the drum how the 10 rounds line up, easy viewing for counting also.

No instructions are needed. Most saiga 12 mags need to be fit, and that is a good thing so there is no wobble. The Promag does wobble tho, bad design. I am not a fan of Promag, they have got me for a lot of money over the years, but their Saiga drums are great. If 12 won't fit send it back for a replacement. Good luck.

For those of us that are new to the Saiga world it is a learn as you go project. I have read that mags might need modification depending on the gun. However. without instructions I have no way of knowing what or how to accomplish the task. I have found what I need thanks to all you helpful forum members. I'm just saying for that kind of money Promag should include basic instructions. I mean the packaging does say " Saiga 12 gauge 12 Round" so they must know the history of the Izhmash quality control.

Well, my scanner is officially dead. I will scan the instructions at work tomorrow. FYI, fitting these are a little different than the MDArms drums. I had to file the sides to make mine fit. Not the front or back.

You may be able to get the instructions mailed to you by sending an email to techsupport@promagindustries.com

OK, I give up. This Promag 12 round drum is useless without instructions. No instructions on how to modify for proper locking or adjusting spring tension. Searched their website without success and asked them for help but got no reply. Contacted MidwayUSA and was told they were very sorry but offered nothing to resolve the problem other than to contact Promag. I am going to save some coin and then purchase Mike's MD-12 and use it to blow this Promag into dust. Lesson learned.

• Like 1

OK, I give up. This Promag 12 round drum is useless without instructions. No instructions on how to modify for proper locking or adjusting spring tension. Searched their website without success and asked them for help but got no reply. Contacted MidwayUSA and was told they were very sorry but offered nothing to resolve the problem other than to contact Promag. I am going to save some coin and then purchase Mike's MD-12 and use it to blow this Promag into dust. Lesson learned.

Make a video of that.022.gif

If you cant get 12 rounds in it its likely a 10 round drum that got mixed up with the 12's at the factory. They look exactly the same so they only way to tell is how many rounds it holds.

ALSO here are the MD-20 instructions Pauly posted yesterday

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/71458-pro-mag-or-md-20-rounder/page__fromsearch__1

• 1 month later...
post-25216-0-61729500-1324166567_thumb.jpgWhen you filed down Area1, did your drum look like mine? Because the MD20 instructions are different than these obviously, but it appears that my drum is seating all the way up to the reciever and still not catching. I filed it down in those areas, and it may need some more. But I want to be sure because I don't like filing material off that I can't put back on easily. Thx

It is seating just not enough clearance for the mag lip to get hooked by release on gun. Lock the action open and try to see whats bottoming out, that's what needs to be trimmed/filed. I took very little off at a time and retried it until it fit snug, then worked it a few times and it fits great now.