not even one shot out of it / took it too far apart

So I had this for 3yrs now and managed to not even cycle the action or move the safety, but last night I took it from a perfect unfired 109, down to this:

s12r2.jpg

s12r1.jpg

Nothing like starting from scratch!

Hey!

The mag release & trunnion are still attached!

Slacker. naaaa.gif

Just kidding

I like where this is going.....

• Like 1

More like a MediumBarrelShotgun!

I'm gonna move the gasblock back a couple inches and maybe do some krink poly HG's. I suppose it'll look something like a 107ur on steroids when it's done. Not quite positive yet, but it'll be something that looks pretty factory, no hokiness for me..

More like a MediumBarrelShotgun!

I'm gonna move the gasblock back a couple inches and maybe do some krink poly HG's. I suppose it'll look something like a 107ur on steroids when it's done. Not quite positive yet, but it'll be something that looks pretty factory, no hokiness for me..

I'm with ya on the "looks like it could have came from the factory". I'm kind of a purist as well. So, is it going to be a semi-long-barreled Krink 12? AK100 folder, etc?

• Like 1

exactly, to be easily SBS'd at a later date (spend too much time behind enemy lines right now)

only thing I'm not certain that I want to do is the MB. I'm open to suggestions.

Personally, I would skip the MB and just keep the port surface area smaller, for now. When you get the hell out of enemy territiory, chop it and open them up. No sense in buying an MB if it isn't going to be a permanent mod. Those suckers are pricy....

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • 4 weeks later...

Not much to report, but did manage to get some holes and grooves filled, now the bbl can be turned down and put the gas block where I want it and ported how I want it. (Wish I'd paid even more attention in Tromix class! I'll have to go do some searching before I try to reinvent the wheel. I'm forever grateful for the amount of knowledge that shop in particular shares with us. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what everyone shares, but they've been sharing alot of "trade secrets" with us for a while, and for a shop with such a reputation and big backlog, that speaks volumes. Anyway, sorry for the little rant, here's my stupid update pic! haha

post-13384-0-77240700-1321819965_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Not a lot of time to work on it, but been chipping away here and there.

Anyone know where I should be looking to get an 030 type trigger guard that has the sharp bend in the front? I think I wanna use that and Dinzag's 74 brake, can't decide if I wanna put the sight out there with his front sight or TIG a bulgarian 74 top to the GB. The latter would look cool, but be 1/2 the sight radius until the SBS (years). Not sure what's going on with the rear site yet, might do an AKM block, might just do a Krebs peep.

Sorry for the crappy iphone pic, don't see much daylight at home these days!

not sure why my pic is upsidedown, it's rightside up on my machine. Oh well. kinda a 1/2 ass build thread anyway, but thought some people might be interested in a different layout as it goes along.

post-13384-0-35356700-1327027640_thumb.jpg