Have these things died out already?

As the title states, When these first were availible, they were the next big thing, but I haven't heard much, if anything, about them lately. Has there been a development that I don't know about regarding these weapons???

What happened?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think these guns are about to get a lot more noticed. I talked with a company owner a few days ago, and they are going to be offering many of the parts that people seem to be concerned with,,,,,grip

I don't think they ever took off. I bought one as a novelty, and still haven't even shot it. As far as durability, they feel like an air soft with real gun parts... I think it's a flop.

We should have some cool stuff to show right after the first of the year. It's coming together, albeit a bit slower than I had planned.   Tony Rumore Tromix

Well without platform for people to talk, share and push it, You know a place for venders to setup shop and really push it, it's losing ground. Having this little spot on a AK platform when it's an AR platform really isn't the place to launch this weapon. Don't get me wrong our host was very kind to allow this section to be put up as a feeler to see peoples interest but this just isn't the place for this weapon, there needs to be a dedicated forum for the MKA 1919.

Well I think that some of us need to broaden our horizons. Firebird Precision is making parts and this platform will take off like a rocket for the multigun crowd as soon as some high cap mags are available. That means the 922 parts come first. Tromix is also making parts but at this point it seems that there are not enough parts out there, yet, for 922 compliance. THEN Im pretty sure you will see a surge. I know several guys who like mine and are waiting for the parts as am I to use for open class.

Go to the Enos forums and search. The multigun shotgun tech forums has been talking about it some and folks are waiting for parts. Again. Firebird, who makes saigas is also talking about it on their vendor forum. I know they are not vendors here so wont say anything further about them. I also know a major Saiga conversion company here is working on them as well.

For the guys who just buy one as an oddity its just that at this point.

For the rest of us, its all a wait on mags. Just as the Saiga was but they had 8 round mags which helped.

By the time the easter bunny hops out to drop off candy we will see a lot more parts and mags. I hope.

They're just getting started, this gun is in higher demand than you may think

Two 1919s were used last week in the USPSA multi gun nationals , both guns were completely 922r compliant and had 10 round mags as well

Both shooters were in B class and placed third and fourth in B open.

With the performance shown by the 1919s quite a few shooters are opting to go to the new platform

Several shooters that are now using high end Saigas are changing over as well.

As more guns come into the USA and are exposed to the public, this platform will gain popularity in competition and sporting circles.

Several law enforcement agencies that I know of are also exploring this platform.

As of now the general public knows little about this gun, but when the numbers start to grow I suspect RAAC will start to advertize it more

Jim

• Like 1

I'd venture they are just getting started. I know I'm waiting to find one with a standard rail on top. The after market is coming along way faster than the S12 after market did. I remember when I would mention an S12 and get blank stares and now most gun people I talk to are pretty familiar with them. This gun is new and will take time but I certainly wouldn't write it off at this stage.

I'd venture they are just getting started. I know I'm waiting to find one with a standard rail on top. The after market is coming along way faster than the S12 after market did. I remember when I would mention an S12 and get blank stares and now most gun people I talk to are pretty familiar with them. This gun is new and will take time but I certainly wouldn't write it off at this stage.

Atlantic has them. I am thinking of getting another one. The new ones have the correct rail but not the bling jewels.

Looks like Centerfire has the new ones in stock with no jewels as well. I'm still holding off until there's a little more support for them.

MKA1919wSight-6-D.jpg

It's up to you but when the parts hit there may be something of a run on them. I have no idea how many are in the US or if it's a easy resupply. If I didn't already have one and was planning on getting one why wait? I'm looking really hard at getting another one but my wife might skin my ass.

Ditto on all points. Anxious to have one regardless of "popularity".

I for one really wont to see this platform take off but it seems to me to have fizzled a bit. The gun was cool and the price was right. So what was wrong with it? I remember when the Saiga was $250 all day long no one was interested in it (execpt for a few of us) then the price shot up and every one wanted one. Go to any Multi-Gun match and you'll see many Saigas today

• Like 1

MKA 1919 is dead in the water. The MKA and Saiga are both competing for the same market; both are magazine fed semiautomatic shotguns. Saiga is established with many magazines and accessories. The MKA 1919 has no magazines and too few accessories to be 922R compliant. I'm also unimpressed by the guns parts and design. Who would import it with out-of-spec rails, no magazines for sale, and bling from a seven year old girl. It doesn't matter what they bring in next year or how many improvements they make. To me the MKA will always be a TURKEY.

The only hope for the MKA 1919 is those metal magazines prove easier for American manufactures to reproduce and they turn out to be cheaper than Saiga 12's. My hope is that these firearms both inspire an American arms producer to make their own version. But, with semiautomatic shotguns priced as they are, that is unlikely also.

People who don't know anything about them, or don't have one, don't have much good to say about them so far. Just wait though.... cool.png

There ARE some folks making parts for them right now in fact, that are going to make it much more attractive and look / feel like a real gun. Once 922 is licked, the mags will follow. I've had a 12 round mag made for mine since about a week after I got it. Only reason you don't see pictures posted or things being advertised yet is because we are waiting on things like FCGs, HGs / rail systems, and other compliance parts to become available. I have something in the works for the rail systems as we speak, as I know others do. Tromix has been busting ass to get some very desirable parts out there as well. The uninformed or uneducated can talk all the negative talk they want for now, but they will be surprised in the not too distant future....

BTW there is also a dedicated MKA 1919 forum in the works, and has been for a few months now.

• Like 1

What? No jewels? Looks like I'll have to go to Walmart and "Bedazzle" that sucker, lol.

I think the stock and rail situation are what deters many. They need to make it more modular like a true AR. You know, make it where you can put a collapsible stock on it without hacking on the receiver. Improvements like that.....

ETA: Just went to Atlatic Firearms to check out the OTD price on these..... $55 flat rate shipping?

My wife asked me what I was laughing so hard at....

Edited by evlblkwpnz

What? No jewels? Looks like I'll have to go to Walmart and "Bedazzle" that sucker, lol.

I think the stock and rail situation are what deters many. They need to make it more modular like a true AR. You know, make it where you can put a collapsible stock on it wothout hacking on the receiver. Improvements like that.....

ETA: Just went to Atlatic Firearms to check out the OTD price on these..... $55 flat rate shipping?

Another one who isnt checking before showing how smart he is. The new ones have correct rails. Personally I am very comfortable with the stock. Its bit long for the folks with shorter arms and I may end up changing but at his point it comes up very well for me.

Plus for many of us who actually hold a man card we can make a rail mounted dot fit. I also seem to see there are some that fit out of the box. My DeltaPoint is just fine on the YHM riser. I did have to take the second one to work and mill it to fit but its one of the originals with the out of spec rails. AND the really cool fake jewels.

Its a joke that posters here who dis the Akdal for needing to make 922 yet love the Saigas that have the same issue. I ran my last Saiga for multigun all summer. #3 for me built by me other than the bolt job.

9f3e9a14.jpg

76fb5053.jpg

Edited by Jasper

Not sure what's up with all negativity about a weapon that people obviously don't own. The rail situation has been resolved and apparently only ever effected a very small number, less than 500 I was told, of guns. As for shipping from Atlantic I've no idea where the flat rate $55 came from unless you are confusing a Browning M1919 which is a heavy beast with the MKA1919 which is 7lbs. I paid $20. I'm sure an email would clear up any misunderstanding there as well as open up a dialog for some other options that may be available to forum members.

I'll admit I wasn't crazy about the feel of gun after I got it. I can honestly say after shooting it I love it and am looking forward to shooting it again. I've got a little bit of an issue with it eating low brass bulk pack Federal but everything else I've fed it, it ate. It eats the bulk pack stuff better after 2 boxes of 1550fps #2 and I expect when I get time to break it in proper it will eat low brass just as well as my S12. I'll point out my S12 had the same problem with low brass when she was new. All in all I really like the gun and assuming the low brass feeding issue resolves the way I anticipate and high cap mags become available I'll have less money and time tied up in the MKA than my S12 and have a gun closer to what I want. I'll also point out that this is not an either or as my S12 isn't going anywhere anymore than my 870 and 500 did when I got the S12.

• Like 1

Not sure what's up with all negativity about a weapon that people obviously don't own. The rail situation has been resolved and apparently only ever effected a very small number, less than 500 I was told, of guns. As for shipping from Atlantic I've no idea where the flat rate $55 came from unless you are confusing a Browning M1919 which is a heavy beast with the MKA1919 which is 7lbs. I paid $20. I'm sure an email would clear up any misunderstanding there as well as open up a dialog for some other options that may be available to forum members.

I'll admit I wasn't crazy about the feel of gun after I got it. I can honestly say after shooting it I love it and am looking forward to shooting it again. I've got a little bit of an issue with it eating low brass bulk pack Federal but everything else I've fed it, it ate. It eats the bulk pack stuff better after 2 boxes of 1550fps #2 and I expect when I get time to break it in proper it will eat low brass just as well as my S12. I'll point out my S12 had the same problem with low brass when she was new. All in all I really like the gun and assuming the low brass feeding issue resolves the way I anticipate and high cap mags become available I'll have less money and time tied up in the MKA than my S12 and have a gun closer to what I want. I'll also point out that this is not an either or as my S12 isn't going anywhere anymore than my 870 and 500 did when I got the S12.

A man who owns one! Most of the complainers dont. And you own both like some of us which gives us a small bit of credability to tell the whiners to piss off. Get the Tromix bushing from CSS to let it eat low power stuff. Mine ate up most of a box of 1145FPS without a single hitch. My Saiga wont do that.

I completely understand that the out of spec rail issue has been resolved with the newer weapons. How many potential buyers out there that were interested in the beginning do not know that the rails are GTG now? That is what I am getting at.

The stock situation....

This is where I am coming from..... my luck, I will buy the current version, and wah-lah.... they come out with a version that has a better receiver that is directly compatible with an AR stock. I' would like to have one, but until they "evolve" a bit, I'm not touching one. Really, if someone came out with a well thought out receiver, I would probably buy both the weapon and new receiver. For now, the thing pales in comparison to my S12s.

The ability to swap the grip out would be nice too.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

I think the stock and rail situation are what deters many. They need to make it more modular like a true AR. You know, make it where you can put a collapsible stock on it without hacking on the receiver. Improvements like that.....

First off this weapon has a lot potential, and people who are into the AR style will be all over this!

But I believe the decision makers at Akdal should consider a re-design of the lower receiver stock area! This area should be molded to a standard female so it can except popular stocks. Most people out there are not going to want to send their 1919 off just to have someone cut off and replace their stock! Now if a company started molding a part that could be attached and looks like it blends well, then that might handle this issue. The idea of a aluminum lower would be great, but the cost factor is going to be really high, thats why the people at Akdal went with a molded lower in the first place. Higher Cap. mags, rails, parts, all will come. It's good to know there is a dedicated forum coming, hopefully soon. It will give the real attention this weapon needs to launch, basically a place for people who like the AR style weapons to talk and share insight along with vendors who will bring all the toys.wub.png

I think these guns are about to get a lot more noticed. I talked with a company owner a few days ago, and they are going to be offering many of the parts that people seem to be concerned with,,,,,grip adapters, hand guards with left side charging handles, stock adapters, 922 parts, 10 round mags extension, couplers that attach a surefire Saiga mag to the akdal mag, trigger groups & an ambi safety, are all in production now. I was told that one of the vendors on this forum well be offering these in the near future.

I thought the example that was posted in another thread was very impressive.

6299300439_78992ecfb9.jpg

• Like 4