Have these things died out already?

Evilblkwpunz not sure where you got the $55 SHIP rate for the shotgun ?? The $55 rate is for heavy guns like 1919 & .50 cal , shotgun ship for $20 bucks in the lower 48 states and we normally offer discounts or free ship when possible for Saiga 12 members. We have the MKA 1919 in stock so if you need one please email our office with your Saiga 12 user name for a discoutned price quote etc.

Below is the ship rates listed on our web site.

Long Guns (Rifles, Shotguns ) : $20 Flat Rate Shipping (per order, not per item)

sales@atlanticfirearms.com

• Like 2
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think these guns are about to get a lot more noticed. I talked with a company owner a few days ago, and they are going to be offering many of the parts that people seem to be concerned with,,,,,grip

I don't think they ever took off. I bought one as a novelty, and still haven't even shot it. As far as durability, they feel like an air soft with real gun parts... I think it's a flop.

We should have some cool stuff to show right after the first of the year. It's coming together, albeit a bit slower than I had planned.   Tony Rumore Tromix

Thanks all, I am not bashing the gun, I am very interested in owning one, I just remember them being the next big thing, and then nothing...Thought there was either a major problem with them that I had not heard about or ???. Glad they aren't bedazzled anymore and that the top rail is 1913 std now.

I will wait until there are 922 parts and mags avail. and then jump in on one or two.

thanks again for the info, and I'm glad these things are still the hottness. I'm excited to own one.

I think these guns are about to get a lot more noticed. I talked with a company owner a few days ago, and they are going to be offering many of the parts that people seem to be concerned with,,,,,grip adapters, hand guards with left side charging handles, stock adapters, 922 parts, 10 round mags extension, couplers that attach a surefire Saiga mag to the akdal mag, trigger groups & an ambi safety, are all in production now. I was told that one of the vendors on this forum well be offering these in the near future.

I thought the example that was posted in another thread was very impressive.

6299300439_78992ecfb9.jpg

I have parts from that source on order. At this point just the trigger parts and the uber cool left side charging handle/hand gaurd.

Mags are the white whale at this point.

For a kick this is my next years handgun for multigun. I have used a CC XD Tactical for a few years and switched to a 9MM 5.25 and then figured WTF, since Im in open for the Saiga/Akdal why not go with a dot. So far so good but I am going to have to practice to get used to the dot on a pistol. 28+1 mags make it a easy decision to switch. IMG rules rule. USPSA rules suck. Your opinions may vary.

5817b634.jpg

• Like 1

Evilblkwpunz not sure where you got the $55 SHIP rate for the shotgun ?? The $55 rate is for heavy guns like 1919 & .50 cal , shotgun ship for $20 bucks in the lower 48 states and we normally offer discounts or free ship when possible for Saiga 12 members. We have the MKA 1919 in stock so if you need one please email our office with your Saiga 12 user name for a discoutned price quote etc.

Long Guns (Rifles, Shotguns ) : $20 Flat Rate Shipping (per order, not per item)

I got it from your site....

How much will shipping cost?

. Long Guns (Rifles, Shotguns ) : $20 Flat Rate Shipping (per order, not per item)

. Mags/Accessories (includes, food, body armor, scopes, magazines , anything non-gun) : $10 Flat Rate Shipping (per order )

. Heavy Guns (1919 , 50 cal, etc) : $55 Flat Rate Shipping per item

. Handguns : $45 Per Item 2 Day Shipping per item .

. Alaska & Hawaii shipping : Long Guns : $65 Per Item Shipping

All orders shipped via Fedex Ground no shipments to PO Boxes.

Note:Shipping will be automatically calculated during checkout.

I was wondering why so much. Sorry. It looked like the 1919 was getting different shipping than a common shotgun might. What else are we to expect with so many dealers taking advantage of the popularity of certain firearms?

. Long Guns (Rifles, Shotguns ) : $20 Flat Rate Shipping (per order, not per item)

. Mags/Accessories (includes, food, body armor, scopes, magazines , anything non-gun) : $10 Flat Rate Shipping (per order )

I was wondering why so much. Sorry. It looked like the 1919 was getting different shipping than a common shotgun might. What else are we to expect with so many dealers taking advantage of the popularity of certain firearms?

1919=

1919combo2008.jpg

• Like 1

What? No jewels? Looks like I'll have to go to Walmart and "Bedazzle" that sucker, lol.

I think the stock and rail situation are what deters many. They need to make it more modular like a true AR. You know, make it where you can put a collapsible stock on it without hacking on the receiver. Improvements like that.....

ETA: Just went to Atlatic Firearms to check out the OTD price on these..... $55 flat rate shipping?

My wife asked me what I was laughing so hard at....

First off this weapon has a lot potential, and people who are into the AR style will be all over this!

But I believe the decision makers at Akdal should consider a re-design of the lower receiver stock area! This area should be molded to a standard female so it can except popular stocks. Most people out there are not going to want to send their 1919 off just to have someone cut off and replace their stock! Now if a company started molding a part that could be attached and looks like it blends well, then that might handle this issue. The idea of a aluminum lower would be great, but the cost factor is going to be really high, thats why the people at Akdal went with a molded lower in the first place. Higher Cap. mags, rails, parts, all will come. It's good to know there is a dedicated forum coming, hopefully soon. It will give the real attention this weapon needs to launch, basically a place for people who like the AR style weapons to talk and share insight along with vendors who will bring all the toys.wub.png

Precisely.

I have seen your rails. The machining is gorgeous. Why don't you make a badass fully ambi lower that will accept Saiga 12 drums and AR furniture? It would be worth some extra coin to many people. How about a trial run of 100 to see how the market reacts?

I would be in for a lower like that $$

Looks like he only needs to sell 98 more.... 8)

1919=

1919combo2008.jpg

After AFs earlier statement, I got that.

OH GREAT!! After I had built up my collection of Saiga rifles and have built them to my liking, and had FINALLY decided to take my hard earned money and FINALLY get the Saiga S-12 and start on it, here comes this MKA-1919. Money is tight, and I would really like to round out my collection on my Saigas, but, there isn't a lot of difference between the Saiga 12 and the "New kid on the block" moneywise, and both will need extra funds spent to get into "shape". What to do, what to do.

Cobra, and others who I respect your opinions, with the new parts that will be forthcoming, and having only enough money to tie up in one or the other, which way would you lean? Now, I am addressing this to those who OWN, or have HANDLED one of the new MKA's, not the ones that have developed an opinion based on nothing more than heresay.

Your opiniom is sincerely appreciated, since I am basically leeping up three households,( mine, my parents, and In Laws), and have severely limited funds for anything not extremely necessary for the basics of life. (But, what are firearms, other than the basics of our lives?)

Edited by unclejake

I am just waiting on things to evolve a bit more. I love the concept of the 1919. I think it will be a hit if it gets some tuning, stock and pistol grip. Though i wont sell my saiga's off either. now if it had a standard ar type reciever add a slide fire to it for when you just feel like being an asshat.

Edited by MrBoomstick

OH GREAT!! After I had built up my collection of Saiga rifles and have built them to my liking, and had FINALLY decided to take my hard earned money and FINALLY get the Saiga S-12 and start on it, here comes this MKA-1919. Money is tight, and I would really like to round out my collection on my Saigas, but, there isn't a lot of difference between the Saiga 12 and the "New kid on the block" moneywise, and both will need extra funds spent to get into "shape". What to do, what to do.

Cobra, and others who I respect your opinions, with the new parts that will be forthcoming, and having only enough money to tie up in one or the other, which way would you lean? Now, I am addressing this to those who OWN, or have HANDLED one of the new MKA's, not the ones that have developed an opinion based on nothing more than heresay.

Your opiniom is sincerely appreciated, since I am basically leeping up three households,( mine, my parents, and In Laws), and have severely limited funds for anything not extremely necessary for the basics of life. (But, what are firearms, other than the basics of our lives?)

I'd get the Siaga. And then get the MKA. They both offer awesome things.

I don't think they ever took off. I bought one as a novelty, and still haven't even shot it. As far as durability, they feel like an air soft with real gun parts... I think it's a flop.

I saw one at a gunshow saturday. My brother in law can't wait to get one. I thought "cool, that MKA 1919" I picked it up and thought "wow, this thing is feather light" but then as I looked it over I thought it definatly had an airsoft feel to it. And when I saw just how plastic, including the front sight which was very cheap looking (plastic mold line down the center) I was a little disapointed.

But I havn't counted it out. I'm sure after market stuff will take off sooner or later. I'm not sure if I'll ever get one or not. I definatly agree that if they redesign it to drop into aftermarket stocks it will definatly be a big hit.

2c.gif

I had an opportunity to fire one of these in stock configuration. It operated fairly well, with a few FTEs. I can't justify the cost of the shotgun as it feels coming from the factory - similarly, I wouldn't spend $700 on an unconverted Saiga-12.

Like the Saiga-12, these come into the country in a less-than-ideal configuration. Like the Saiga-12, if people like the basic platform, they will make parts to overcome the flaws in the imported version. The biggest difference I see is likely to be the responsiveness of the manufacturer to demand. Turkish gun makers are much more likely to modify their product based on feedback than Izhmash is. From what I've heard in this thread, this has already started, with correct rails and the removal of the plastic selector jewels. In less than a year since importation began, they're already making real changes to their product based on feedback from the market. Contrast with Izhmash, that is notoriously difficult to deal with and doesn't seem to give a shit about the end market - they'll send what they feel like sending, and the importer should be happy to get whatever is shipped.

I still prefer the Saiga-12 by a wide margin, but if the MKA-1919 comes down in price or is made available by the likes of Tromix in a substantially upgraded configuration, I might have to make room for one in the collection.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I think these guns are about to get a lot more noticed. I talked with a company owner a few days ago, and they are going to be offering many of the parts that people seem to be concerned with,,,,,grip adapters, hand guards with left side charging handles, stock adapters, 922 parts, 10 round mags extension, couplers that attach a surefire Saiga mag to the akdal mag, trigger groups & an ambi safety, are all in production now. I was told that one of the vendors on this forum well be offering these in the near future.

The lack of ability to change grips and stocks like a AR15 were the biggest drawbacks for me. I knew 922r parts and bigger Mags would come, but the one receiver/grip/stock combo is what killed its apeal for me. If/when the stocks and grips are interchangable with any other AR15 I'll have interest again but until I don't like it

I think these guns are about to get a lot more noticed. I talked with a company owner a few days ago, and they are going to be offering many of the parts that people seem to be concerned with,,,,,grip adapters, hand guards with left side charging handles, stock adapters, 922 parts, 10 round mags extension, couplers that attach a surefire

Saiga mag to the akdal mag, trigger groups & an ambi safety, are all in production now. I was told that one of the vendors on this forum well be offering these in the near future.

The lack of ability to change grips and stocks like a AR15 were the biggest drawbacks for me. I knew 922r parts and bigger Mags would come, but the one receiver/grip/stock combo is what killed its apeal for me. If/when the stocks and grips are interchangable with any other AR15 I'll have interest again but until I don't like it

Personally I like the stock as is at this point. The LOP may be about a half inch longer than ideal but I want more time with it before I do something that can't be undone.

2c.gif People aren't as crazy about shotguns as they were three or four years ago, everyones focus seems to be primarily on rifles first, then handguns, with shotguns being last. The market will come around again for it, I admit that I haven't been super focused on the shotgun in awhile. When things are better financially I'll pick one of these up for sure. I'm also kinda waiting to see what else Tromix is going to do with the platform.

2c.gif People aren't as crazy about shotguns as they were three or four years ago, everyones focus seems to be primarily on rifles first, then handguns, with shotguns being last. The market will come around again for it, I admit that I haven't been super focused on the shotgun in awhile. When things are better financially I'll pick one of these up for sure. I'm also kinda waiting to see what else Tromix is going to do with the platform.

That's what I do as well, rifles pistols and then shotguns. However I woefully have very few shotguns and will eventually try to solve that. At the top of my "to get list" is the MKA 1919.

I am very happy to see the 10 round mags for it though. Yeah, some help for sales might very well be a rail for it.

I am still excited about this shotgun because of what Tony had to say about it.

And yes, in addition to here, it sounds like it needs some attention in the AR forums as well. I am happy about talking about it here though, as I enjoy both platforms.

Edited by ShadowFire

That's what I do as well, rifles pistols and then shotguns. However I woefully have very few shotguns and will eventually try to solve that. At the top of my "to get list" is the MKA 1919.

I am very happy to see the 10 round mags for it though. Yeah, some help for sales might very well be a rail for it.

And yes, in addition to here, it sounds like it needs some attention in the AR forums as well. I am happy about talking about it here though, as I enjoy both platforms.

Trust me, the 3 gun crowd is watching this carefully and a few of us are planning on shooting them as soon as mags come out. Mine is process of getting upgraded for 922 so I will be ready when mags or mag adapters that work reliably hit the market. When THAT happens Katy bar the door cause they will sell a bunch of them. The 3 market isnt huge but its steady and then all the other guys who want one for fun will buy a lot of them.

Trust me, the 3 gun crowd is watching this carefully and a few of us are planning on shooting them as soon as mags come out. Mine is process of getting upgraded for 922 so I will be ready when mags or mag adapters that work reliably hit the market. When THAT happens Katy bar the door cause they will sell a bunch of them. The 3 market isnt huge but its steady and then all the other guys who want one for fun will buy a lot of them.

Yeah somebody needs to jump on the Jobson site and add the MKA 1919 as well. That site is one of the most useful sites I've ever found for 922r.

I plan on picking one up in January hopefully I can find a dealer near me that has them in stock

I'll buy one online and have it shipped to my dealer if I have to. No way am I not going to have one. I like what it offers and what some of the shooters like Tony who are more experienced have had to say about it that much. I'm very much looking forward to a nice selection of parts for it. Can't say that enough.

Will it eclipse the S12? I dunno. Will I enjoy owning one? You bet I will. smile.png

Edited by ShadowFire

When you consider how long the Saiga line has actually been available to the US market it would surprise you. It took a long time before it gained the popularity it enjoys now. I bought my Saiga 410 at a gun show not even aware of what Saiga was. Just an AK and 410 freak. The two combined made it a gun I had to have. found the receipt the other day. $175 OTD new in box, should have bought a bunch of them. Just did not know what I was getting into. Now I can get 30 round magazines for it. Never even crossed my mind when I purchased it. Just wanted a little hunting gun.

Edited by 6x6pinz
  • 1 month later...

Well without platform for people to talk, share and push it, You know a place for venders to setup shop and really push it, it's losing ground. Having this little spot on a AK platform when it's an AR platform really isn't the place to launch this weapon. Don't get me wrong our host was very kind to allow this section to be put up as a feeler to see peoples interest but this just isn't the place for this weapon, there needs to be a dedicated forum for the MKA 1919.

I beg to differ on one point, you said it's an "AR platform" and actually it isn't. I'm not trying to undercut your statement or in any way besmirch your post, but I think it's important to note that the akdal shares very little other than a cosmetic similarity with the lamest of shitty squirrel guns, the AR.

One of the few redeeming qualities of the AR (the peanuts in the shit) is it's modular receciever. The akdal is a far cry from pushing-two-pins-out-to-switch-calibers-or-replace-an-exploded-upper. The akdal's dissasembly is just shy of qualifying as crew served.

Also internally it is not a shits-where-it-eats direct impingement gas system, but really more of a garden variety semi auto shotgun with detachable mags and an AR costume.

I personally hope the akdal sticks around, I think with proper mods and accessories it could be quite a nifty little gun, though shooting it does feel like someone made a zipgun out of a super soaker.

edit* speling

Edited by preparehandbook

I had an opportunity to fire one of these in stock configuration. It operated fairly well, with a few FTEs. I can't justify the cost of the shotgun as it feels coming from the factory - similarly, I wouldn't spend $700 on an unconverted Saiga-12.

Like the Saiga-12, these come into the country in a less-than-ideal configuration. Like the Saiga-12, if people like the basic platform, they will make parts to overcome the flaws in the imported version. The biggest difference I see is likely to be the responsiveness of the manufacturer to demand. Turkish gun makers are much more likely to modify their product based on feedback than Izhmash is. From what I've heard in this thread, this has already started, with correct rails and the removal of the plastic selector jewels. In less than a year since importation began, they're already making real changes to their product based on feedback from the market. Contrast with Izhmash, that is notoriously difficult to deal with and doesn't seem to give a shit about the end market - they'll send what they feel like sending, and the importer should be happy to get whatever is shipped.

I still prefer the Saiga-12 by a wide margin, but if the MKA-1919 comes down in price or is made available by the likes of Tromix in a substantially upgraded configuration, I might have to make room for one in the collection.

+1

I worked stateside for a Russian factory back in the 90's dealing with aircraft and military vehicles. We were trying to get them to improve the paint jobs, they would glob it on thick with lots of drips and orange peel. The conversation went like this:

AMERICANS - We can sell more units if the paint looks better.

RUSSIANS- The paint failed?

AMERICANS - No, it didn't fail, it looked bad.

RUSSIANS- The color was wrong?

AMERICANS - No, the texture was inconsistent.

RUSSIANS- Did it corrode?

AMERICANS - No, it was just rough looking.

A VERY, VERY, LONG PAUSE........

RUSSIANS- Paint is to prevent corrosion, The paint has performed to specifications. The problem is not that the paint does not look good, it is that you want the paint to look good. This subject is now settled and will not be discussed further.

So yes, Russian factories do not always respond to consumer demand.

• Like 1

Preparehandbook...now that is a good post. Well played.

I am super excited about this platform, but seriously, until the 922 issues are resolved and mags are actually in shooters hands...it is a total gamble. We all have seen promises turn into vaporware. Bless those companies, primarily Tromix and Firebird for jumping in with both feet. Guys like me who have already purchased an MKA are hoping they come through.

Until then, I will stand by... But in a about 30 days I will start shotgun loading drills with my FN. Once the season starts, it is highly unlikely most serious 3 gun shooters would change to an entirely new shotgun platform. So, you are looking at next winter before sales pick up again.

The MKA could be a boon for Open class 3 gunners. But, if the parts are not out in short order, guys like me will shelve this project because we can't afford to take an unproven platform and unproven high cap Mags...and a platform that we don't have time to practice with....to big time matches like the Iron Man (June 10 for Open Class).

If these guns don't start showing up in 3 gun matches...and preferably big matches... They won't take off this year.

I will shoot mine in the MGM Iron Man if I can get the parts and mags in time to test and practice!

Go guys go!