My Saiga .308 Version 21

Why?

Why on God's green earth would anyone want to take the beautiful furniture off the ver.21? horror.gif

Seriously, why? Should'a just bought a normal 21" import model.

Stock? One,maybe two that are semi-readily available, from other slant cut receiver guns... None without alteration that I know of.

Forearms, any that'll fit the S.308.

MINE

vortex3.jpg

vortex1-1.jpg

Edited by ChileRelleno

The only mag I have for mine is the factory, and it has been just fine on the bench.

Just got back from the range today, had to re-sight my ver-21's scope after lapping and resetting rings.

I generally rest my forward hand atop a sand bag whilst cradling the forearm, the factory mag clears the bench just fine.

Surefire/SGM makes a 5rd polymer that is very nice, and Csspecs makes a 10rd steel that is excellent.

Both available at Carolina Shooters Supply.

You may want to check classicarms.com, they may have them.

Better luck finding a virgin in a whorehouse than a S.308-ver.21 at Classic Arms.

Few enough online retailers have ever carried them, and Classic is not one of'em.

You will not find them right now at a regular retailer, trust me, private sale or auction is your best and only bet at this time.

Edited by ChileRelleno

There are some Veprs now, which are along the same lines...

Yep, some very nice Veprs in 7.62 x39 & 54r, but at $400.-$600. +/- more, and Super Vepr in .308/7.62x51nato for $900. more than the average ver.21.

The Super Vepr gives me a chubbie. wub.png

• 1 month later...

In answer to AKMIKE's original question, the Choate stocks for the MAK 90 slant cut receiver models can be made to fit very easily. I put one on my 21 for the precise reason of keeping my wood nice. In true WECSOG fashion it takes a little Dremel tool action to fit the stock to the gun, but the polymer is easy to work with. I got the furniture set that included handguards. A true AK gas tube and Dinzag's bolt on handguard retainer are necessary to make this set up work and you will have to hog out the lower handguard with your trusty Dremel to clear the thicker barrel. In retrospect, I would have just bought the stock and found a polymer Saiga fore end "takeoff" as I don't really like the look of the current AK set up.

Edited by DavidM