Texas Store Owner Refuses To Teach Gun Class To Liberals, Muslims

Liberals bed-wetters will not be too happy with this CHL radio ad, Since this is not politically correct,

I'm expecting to see this on the late night news soon.

post-13534-0-95865500-1319830833.jpg

Too funny,

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung
  • Like 4

If you want liberals to be more open to firearms, closing your doors to them seems rather unproductive. My liberal friends who are anti gun are the ones who grew up without guns in the home and they have an irrational fear of them because of a lack of exposure.

Also, refusing to sell or train someone because of their religion seems like a bad precedent. What happens when the next guy openly won't sell to Catholics or Mormons, or Jews? How about athiests?

"How about the Muslim students attending that Catholic College who are protesting the Crucifix displayed throughout the college and demanding a prayer room and prayer time 5 fucking times a day?" I agree, that is pretty fucking retarted. If you go to a Catholic school you should expect to play by their rules. If you are at a public school, that's a different story.

• Like 2

I support his right to decide who he does and doesn't do business with. That said, I would chose not do business with him.

Wait a minute. Did he say "non-Christian [or] Arab" or "non-Christian Arab"? Because I know a few Christian Arabs.

Yeah, not sure if he said "non-christian, arab or muslim" or "non-christian arab or muslim. So I'm not sure who exactly he's discriminating against. I would play it safe and not do business with him if I were an arab or non-christian of any type, which I am.

I'm with mizombiekilla here.. This sets a bad precedent. I'm not sure how anyone can agree w/ this... and I'm not muslim or liberal!

Guys have you forgot THIS IS STILL AMERICA and he can do what the F*** he wants!!

"A bad precedent" seriously?

If the next guy wont sell to a christian or atheist then they go to the OTHER guy who will. Thats how its suppose to work in a free market. I dont care if he's a black guy and wont sell to me b/c I'm white, I might not agree with it but I support his right as an AMERICAN to do that!!

When your in a privately owned gun store you play by their rules just the same.wink.png

As far as the catholic school goes, those students need to take there business elsewhere as well and not try to force anything on that school. Thats total BS and will set a much worse precedent when the school is forced to give up their freedom for the freedom of the students.

• Like 7

The Carlisle War College right up the road from me educates anyone with the cash!!!

That place is well armed and protected. I've seen ball caps and turbans walk out of there. Your guy is small potatoes in the grand scheme!

I'm with mizombiekilla here.. This sets a bad precedent. I'm not sure how anyone can agree w/ this... and I'm not muslim or liberal!

Guys have you forgot THIS IS STILL AMERICA and he can do what the F*** he wants!!

"A bad precedent" seriously?

If the next guy wont sell to a christian or atheist then they go to the OTHER guy who will. Thats how its suppose to work in a free market. I dont care if he's a black guy and wont sell to me b/c I'm white, I might not agree with it but I support his right as an AMERICAN to do that!!

When your in a privately owned gun store you play by their rules just the same.wink.png

As far as the catholic school goes, those students need to take there business elsewhere as well and not try to force anything on that school. Thats total BS and will set a much worse precedent when the school is forced to give up their freedom for the freedom of the students.

In America we aren't allowed to not sell to someone because they're black or white or muslim. A store owner can't put up a sign saying 'no whites allowed' or blacks, or muslims...There was a civil rights movement for these things.

• Like 3

Good for him! How about the Muslim students attending that Catholic College who are protesting the Crucifix displayed throughout the college and demanding a prayer room and prayer time 5 fucking times a day?

Then they shouldn't go to a catholic college. I hate ppl who try and be a pain in the ass. Fuck em.

• Like 1

The fact remains that it is only a matter of time before Muslims start making trouble in the United States. It's been done across the World OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. Unless something is done to curb or stop the violence that seems to be a requirement everywhere Muslims exist. That's not to say all Muslims are violent, but wherever their populations rise the violence seems to also rise like a parasite on their backs. And I have yet to see outside of a very few Countries a effort to stop the violent Jihad mentality. I think among most of their People its winked at.

ANYWAYS countdown to him being sued..

• Like 1

The fact remains that it is only a matter of time before Muslims start making trouble in the United States. It's been done across the World OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.

Define "trouble".

Unless something is done to curb or stop the violence that seems to be a requirement everywhere Muslims exist. That's not to say all Muslims are violent, but wherever their populations rise the violence seems to also rise like a parasite on their backs. And I have yet to see outside of a very few Countries a effort to stop the violent Jihad mentality. I think among most of their People its winked at.

I have only worked with 2 Muslims, both after 9/11. They were exceptionally nice and open people so I asked them about a few things with regard to their religion. They said the same things that almost all muslims say. They said that the extremists are distorting the scriptures. Having read some snippets from the Qur'an, I'm not so sure. That said, without a doubt most muslims do not seem to follow the Qur'an in a literal sense. The quran stikes me as being allot loke the old testament, which most christians thankfully do not live by. All that said, I think people forget about some of the more peaceful but far from perfect muslim nations. Places like Turkey, Qatar, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Bahrein, Tunisia, Egypt. I haven't researched a bunch about them, but I bet they are better than many people envision when thinking of muslim countries. Islam is today's communism with respect to the US populations reaction to it.

Maybe, but he will likely use his license. From what little I've read on is not allowed to discriminate in such a manner, though I think they should be.

Edited by bigj480

Maybe, but he will likely use his license. From what little I've read on is not allowed to discriminate in such a manner, though I think they should be.

I think this guy's license pretty much has to be pulled. Setting aside the issue of whether a private business can legally discriminate, he is both licensed as a CCW trainer by the state of TX, and is responsible for approving people for applications to the state-run CCW permit system. Those are state functions, and if you get your licensing through the state, you have to perform up to the state's standards. Both his own instructor's certificate, and the access to the state CCW permit system he provides for people,are mandated to be free of discrimination on race/creed/ethnicity/religion. If he can't live up to those standards and obligations, then it's time for him to find a different line of work.

The right to self protection isn't just for people we agree with.

Edited by Mr. Scratch
  • Like 4

It's his business, and it's a free country.

Nope. The Texas State CHL instructor certification that entitles him to teach students in order to get their state-issued CHL is not a matter of his personal business. The whole reason for his having that state-issued certification, and likely the only reason people take his classes, is so that he will act as a state-approved intermediary for people applying to the state to get a concealed handgun license. When he is using his State-issued instructor's certificate he is supposed to be teaching under the auspices of the State of Texas, and meeting their standards.

He had a choice when he started down the road to being an instructor. He could have been a 100% private instructor, and picked his student by any criteria he liked. The downside, of course, is that he would have no access to the state's CHL program, and his instructions wouldn't have met state requirements for getting a CHL. OR...he could apply for the CHL instructor certificate, and have his training approved for the public by the state; this would get him a lot more paying customers as people would take his class to get their CHL. The downside of this though is that he must then abide by state regulation and play by their rules. One of those rules is that he must abide by the 1964 Civil Rights Act, which forbids him from discriminating against people based on ethnicity (Arabs) or religion (non-Christians, Muslims).

He made his choice when he applied for and accepted the state's CHL instructor's certificate. Now he doesn't want to live up to his end of the bargain.

• Like 1

Nope. The Texas State CHL instructor certification that entitles him to teach students in order to get their state-issued CHL is not a matter of his personal business. The whole reason for his having that state-issued certification, and likely the only reason people take his classes, is so that he will act as a state-approved intermediary for people applying to the state to get a concealed handgun license. When he is using his State-issued instructor's certificate he is supposed to be teaching under the auspices of the State of Texas, and meeting their standards.

He had a choice when he started down the road to being an instructor. He could have been a 100% private instructor, and picked his student by any criteria he liked. The downside, of course, is that he would have no access to the state's CHL program, and his instructions wouldn't have met state requirements for getting a CHL. OR...he could apply for the CHL instructor certificate, and have his training approved for the public by the state; this would get him a lot more paying customers as people would take his class to get their CHL. The downside of this though is that he must then abide by state regulation and play by their rules. One of those rules is that he must abide by the 1964 Civil Rights Act, which forbids him from discriminating against people based on ethnicity (Arabs) or religion (non-Christians, Muslims).

He made his choice when he applied for and accepted the state's CHL instructor's certificate. Now he doesn't want to live up to his end of the bargain.

+1

I agree that being a state instructor he has an obligation to instruct people based on the state guidelines and doesnt really have the option of choosing not to offer this state certified CHL to certain types of people. I wasnt considering this part when I made my previous post but as far as selling guns and whatever, he should be able to choose not to sell to whomever he wants.

I bet he's done.

After hearing of Keller’s ad, The Texas Department of Public Safety released the following statement:

The Texas Department of Public Safety certifies individuals to teach coursework and provide training required to be taken by individuals seeking to qualify for a Texas concealed handgun license. Certified instructors are required to comply with all applicable state and federal statutes. Conduct by an instructor that denied service to individuals on the basis of race, ethnicity or religion would place that instructor’s certification by the Department at risk of suspension or revocation. The Department became aware of the statements in question yesterday and has begun an investigation into the matter. The Department will take appropriate administrative action based on the findings from the investigation.”

Doesnt work that way. If its open to the general public a store owner cant put up signs saying "WHITES ONLY" or "CHRISTIANS ONLY"

Now, if he had a private club that would be different. Then he can say he only wants to train albino midgets who are 78-113 years old. Its a private club. In this case they wont receive a permit. But even that will most likely vary from state to state.

Edited by Arik

The fact remains that it is only a matter of time before Muslims start making trouble in the United States. It's been done across the World OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.

Define "trouble".

Unless something is done to curb or stop the violence that seems to be a requirement everywhere Muslims exist. That's not to say all Muslims are violent, but wherever their populations rise the violence seems to also rise like a parasite on their backs. And I have yet to see outside of a very few Countries a effort to stop the violent Jihad mentality. I think among most of their People its winked at.

I have only worked with 2 Muslims, both after 9/11. They were exceptionally nice and open people so I asked them about a few things with regard to their religion. They said the same things that almost all muslims say. They said that the extremists are distorting the scriptures. Having read some snippets from the Qur'an, I'm not so sure. That said, without a doubt most muslims do not seem to follow the Qur'an in a literal sense. The quran stikes me as being allot loke the old testament, which most christians thankfully do not live by. All that said, I think people forget about some of the more peaceful but far from perfect muslim nations. Places like Turkey, Qatar, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Bahrein, Tunisia, Egypt. I haven't researched a bunch about them, but I bet they are better than many people envision when thinking of muslim countries. Islam is today's communism with respect to the US populations reaction to it.

If you don't know the meaning of trouble then I cant help you.

Islamic terrorism grows like a parasite WHEREVER Islam exists, especially where they are a sizable minority. All of them?? Of course not, but if you have Dogs then you have Fleas, same thing with Muslim Extremists.

Edited by Bean.223