Texas Store Owner Refuses To Teach Gun Class To Liberals, Muslims

My personal policy is not to teach wives (past, present, or potential future) about guns or shooting. Have an ex that if she knew how a single action pistol worked I’d have been dead in 74 and a present one that if she saw anything about potential future wives, dead man walking. wet_eyes.gif

Still seems like he should be able to have the standard sign about reserving the right to refuse service to anyone. nonono.gif

• Like 1

The attitude toward Muslims as a whole in our country is beginning to seem familiar. Just swap out U.S.A. with Germany, and swap Muslim for Jew.

How about Thinking before jumping into the blind Racist pool.

• Like 2

I'm with Rob Rez.. The laws are very clear and they're there for a reason. This is a gun forum so you're going to get a lot of extreme opinions and some racism, but I would like to think that the gross majority understand that you're not a "pansy" if you disagree with segregation and discrimination against certain races or religions. Most of the comments like the dogs/fleas analogy is just racist propaganda.

I'm very conservative, but racism doesn't have to go along w/ that...

What if I owned a bank and put up a sign "whites only"?? It's ignorant to think "it's a free country" allows you to trample on everyone else's rights.

Edited by CBR Shadow

With some understanding of the points being made about “one Nation under God”, I still believe as an individual someone should have the right not to deal with or do business with anyone they don’t want to regardless of their reasoning.

Edited by 20-Mags

With some understanding of the points being made about “one Nation under God”, I still believe as an individual someone should have the right not to deal with or do business with anyone they don’t want to regardless of their reasoning.

in texas, you can refuse service to anyone as long as its not over race, religion, or sex. all you have to do is say they were assholes and you don't have to deal with them. i have worked in the restaurant business long enough. i know that one well.

Race, gender, age, RELIGION are all protected classes. You can kick someone out of your store and refuse business to anyone you want for being a jerk.. but if only black people or only muslims are getting this treatment then you are discriminating.. When you post a sign or announce that muslims aren't allowed you're asking for trouble.

I'm with mizombiekilla here.. This sets a bad precedent. I'm not sure how anyone can agree w/ this... and I'm not muslim or liberal!

Guys have you forgot THIS IS STILL AMERICA and he can do what the F*** he wants!!

"A bad precedent" seriously?

If the next guy wont sell to a christian or atheist then they go to the OTHER guy who will. Thats how its suppose to work in a free market. I dont care if he's a black guy and wont sell to me b/c I'm white, I might not agree with it but I support his right as an AMERICAN to do that!!

When your in a privately owned gun store you play by their rules just the same.wink.png

As far as the catholic school goes, those students need to take there business elsewhere as well and not try to force anything on that school. Thats total BS and will set a much worse precedent when the school is forced to give up their freedom for the freedom of the students.

In America we aren't allowed to not sell to someone because they're black or white or muslim. A store owner can't put up a sign saying 'no whites allowed' or blacks, or muslims...There was a civil rights movement for these things.

actually, as far as "civil rights" go, it dosn't apply to the white devil, so put up as many no whites allowed signs as you want

I'm with mizombiekilla here.. This sets a bad precedent. I'm not sure how anyone can agree w/ this... and I'm not muslim or liberal!

Guys have you forgot THIS IS STILL AMERICA and he can do what the F*** he wants!!

"A bad precedent" seriously?

If the next guy wont sell to a christian or atheist then they go to the OTHER guy who will. Thats how its suppose to work in a free market. I dont care if he's a black guy and wont sell to me b/c I'm white, I might not agree with it but I support his right as an AMERICAN to do that!!

When your in a privately owned gun store you play by their rules just the same.wink.png

As far as the catholic school goes, those students need to take there business elsewhere as well and not try to force anything on that school. Thats total BS and will set a much worse precedent when the school is forced to give up their freedom for the freedom of the students.

In America we aren't allowed to not sell to someone because they're black or white or muslim. A store owner can't put up a sign saying 'no whites allowed' or blacks, or muslims...There was a civil rights movement for these things.

actually, as far as "civil rights" go, it dosn't apply to the white devil, so put up as many no whites allowed signs as you want

Where do you get this info? It's discrimination no matter what color you're talking about...

That still doesnt make one racist....muslim isnt a race.....

Call it whatever you like, but I just feel that lumping all people of one type, be it color or religion, into one group and Hating them all for that is just Insanely Ignorant.

How many Muslims do you, or I, know, and how many of those folks are violent terrorists?? I bet my life savings the answer is "None of them are terrorists"

Assholes come in EVERY color, race and religion. Save all your hate for the individual assholes that you know deserve it.

Any time in life I have been "brought down" it seems it was always a White Male who did the "Bringing down" so us White Males probably don't have the best track record for being Squeaky Clean.

Edited by RobRez

The attitude toward Muslims as a whole in our country is beginning to seem familiar. Just swap out U.S.A. with Germany, and swap Muslim for Jew.

Not even close. If we're going to draw parallels to that war, then look at how the Japanese fought (killing thousands of Americans in a sneak attack against the US and frequent suicide bombing...hmm now THAT sounds familiar), and the attitudes of Americans towards them and towards those of Japanese descent living in the US (non-extremists in the case of Muslims).

Edited by sidewinderl

I’m not giving / or selling classes as a business (to me that’s a nightmare), I’ve taught several people to shoot, my only requirement is I feel safe around them with a loaded gun. I don’t try to talk politics or religion with them before, during, or after but if there is anything about them that I’m uncomfortable about we aren’t going to shoot together (for my safety and theirs). If I wanted to go get certified as an instructor I’d still have that criteria and if that was not an allowable standard piss on it I wouldn’t be an instructor. Because of my sons friendships with a bunch of varied people of ethic groups I can say color / race has never been a barrier, but stupid and/or careless are.

Edited by 20-Mags
  • Like 1

Not even close. If we're going to draw parallels to that war, then look at how the Japanese fought (killing thousands of Americans in a sneak attack against the US and frequent suicide bombing...hmm now THAT sounds familiar), and the attitudes of Americans towards them and towards those of Japanese descent living in the US (non-extremists in the case of Muslims).

I totally see your piont there, but remember, we also put thousands Italians into Prison camps as well. I don"t recall the Italian Navy being at Pearl Harbor. The only difference is that our Government didn't Gas their "Prisoners". American citizens were jumping on the Racist Band wagon pretty easily back then too!

But what the hell, let's "Relocate" All Muslims into "Security Camps" Darn Low-life terrorist Scumbags!!

Still seems like he should be able to have the standard sign about reserving the right to refuse service to anyone. nonono.gif

He can have such a sign. And if someone comes in and gives him an actual reason to kick them out, he can do so (including their having an Obama bumper sticker on their car, as politics aren't protected under the law).

What he cannot do is discriminate against any of the protected categories covered under the 64 Civil Rights Act. So far as religion is concerned, if you run a business, you've got to take their money and treat them like anyone else, regardless of whether they are Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, atheist, whatever. So if the guy comes in with a Koran, says he wants to take a gun class because his mosque is on the bad side of town, you gotta treat him the way you would anyone else. Now if he says "...also, will this concealed handgun class teach me how to sneak a pistol past a metal detector", THEN you could kick his ass out.

There was a time when people could do as you suggest and more; they put up a signs that said exactly what kind of people they didn't want in their shop. They also said it was their property right to do so, and maybe back then it was. But that legal position has been dead for nearly 50 years now.

Edited by Mr. Scratch
  • Like 1

The man has a right to say whatever he wants. If wants to excel at being a bigot, that's his prerogative. Anyone who disagrees can go elsewhere and find another avenue for acquiring a CHL and a firearm.

Personally I take liberals shooting with me to convert them, it works much better than alienation.

• Like 2

So if the guy comes in with a Koran, says he wants to take a gun class because his mosque is on the bad side of town, you gotta treat him the way you would anyone else.

And why wouldn't you want him to defend himself?

Now if he says "...also, will this concealed handgun class teach me how to sneak a pistol past a metal detector", THEN you could kick his ass out.

And I would happily delay his departure politely (with small talk and/or talk about the Koran) while the police arrived after that, because that's a threat.

"Personally I take liberals shooting with me to convert them, it works much better than alienation."

+1 Ask an anti gun person if they've ever shot one an 9 times out of 10 the answer is no. They have some idea that guns are really scary. Take them out shooting a couple of times and they'll be start to see what it's all about.

"Personally I take liberals shooting with me to convert them, it works much better than alienation."

+1 Ask an anti gun person if they've ever shot one an 9 times out of 10 the answer is no. They have some idea that guns are really scary. Take them out shooting a couple of times and they'll be start to see what it's all about.

Thank you sir, +1 to you as well.

Today, I took another grad student out with me to my shooting spot. He's from MA and has never gone shooting before. Afterward he told me "when you said you had 8 guns I thought it was excessive. Now I understand they all serve different purposes." I think I got him hooked.

• Like 2

I don't care what he does or doesn't have a legal right to do, I just don't like bigotry in any form. It reveals a very basic lack of intelligence. I'm a white Christian and he's not anybody I want to be around, and he's got nothing I want.

• Like 2

While it probably is bigoted to paint all Muslims with the terrorist brush, one wonders why American Muslims are not fighting

against terrorism on the activist arena. Yes, there's like two websites, but that CAIR group does give money to terrorist groups,

like Hezbollah. They would help their cause so much if the average white man would see and hear them, every day, denouncing

terrorism and actually trying to BE the Religion of Peace.

• Like 1