No-Mod Saiga Rear Stock

Ace LTD. USA is offering a pistol grip US made Saiga rifle and shotgun rear folding stock with no modification to the Saiga required. ($185).

For those of us (Michigan) who can't use a folding stock without registering the Saiga as a pistol, they also have an M4 six position collapsible stock that will mount on to the Saiga kit for $165. You need to call for specifics on what you'll need. (530) 346-2492

Ace LTD. USA

SiagaFSfld.jpg

• 2 months later...
keep in mind, if you ONLY use that.. you run afoul of 922r compliance.

This is why I don't use my home made pistol grip stock. I don't want the ATFE procsecuting me for these violations. l I'm going to convert my Saiga with US compliance parts and add a regular pistol grip. I looked at the US compliance parts and I might as well convert the rifle because once you change the trigger it's pointless to use the Saiga's transfer bar and rear trigger.

I think it was Stokstad who first did this mod about a year ago. Since then he made the regular conversion. Look at that Stokkie! You could have been charging $180 a piece for your idea! :lolol:

I did it with a remington top folder. I have also upgraded to standard AK configuration since thoes days. There is no shortcut to a good AK!

Tell me about it. For less money you can use an ACE stock in the p-grip/FCG conversion and have a better trigger and balance for it.

+1. BRG3 said it right. Get the trigger, the option to swap out Ace parts, and compliance for less money than their proposed answer for Saiga owners. :super:

No thanks.

It's not for everybody. Some guys swear by the stock configuration. I have two in 7.62 that way and one converted with the Ace stock and vented Ultimak rail system both top and bottom.

The one thing I can tell you for sure is the G2 trigger is so much better than the stock transfer bar system that you wouldn't believe it. After using the G2 it is hard to target shoot with accuracy using that squishy, spongy, where the hell will it break transfer bar trigger. But then, for between $199 and $229 for the rifle what can one expect.....especially when they have to work around BATFE's roadblocks.

Heck, I even installed a G2 in my Romanian WASR-10 and it made a world of difference over that Century Arms crap trigger it comes with.

If you get the chance to shoot a converted rifle using the G2, do it.

On the shotties it is not quite the same issue as pinpoint accuracy is not required with 00 buckshot!! :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Wolverine

Edited by Wolverine

I hear the red star trigger is better, but the G2 is pretty cheap... it seems that even if you don't convert completely, you should at least get the G2. Hmm, but then I guess that means you need a pistol grip and so you have to be 922 complaint.

Man, these absurd rules sure are a load of crap. (yeah, bet y'all hadn't figured that out. :-)

I hear the red star trigger is better, but the G2 is pretty cheap... it seems that even if you don't convert completely, you should at least get the G2. Hmm, but then I guess that means you need a pistol grip and so you have to be 922 complaint.

Man, these absurd rules sure are a load of crap. (yeah, bet y'all hadn't figured that out. :-)

I haven't tried the Red Star. I have heard it is "the" trigger to have, but I have been 100% pleased with the G2, so why spend more?

:up: